• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dens/studies that you are envious of

Great picture SFG, it looks verra familiar to me.
Heh, all I have to do is look around...we only lack quite that many surfaces to be crowded. /sigh/ :D

I'd rather have Gaiman's library.

akinnareads.files.wordpress.com_2010_04_gaiman2.jpg

funny-pictures-2001-cat.jpg

It looks to me like a library where books don't get read. You know, "librarian complex" -- all the shelves neat and tidy, no books allowed to circulate because that would disurb the tidy appearance of neat shelves all in a row. Anyway, I don't see a place to put down the book(s) currently being read. Nor any books slid in flat on top of the other books. Nor any space for new books. Not a library of a booklover.
Nah. Still Buckley for me, and I have the library to prove it. :devil:

I like the Gaiman one but would add a table next to the chair to put books on that I'm currently reading. The other one is too messy for me, and I can always find a place to add books. :D

It looks to me like a library where books don't get read. You know, "librarian complex" -- all the shelves neat and tidy, no books allowed to circulate because that would disurb the tidy appearance of neat shelves all in a row. Anyway, I don't see a place to put down the book(s) currently being read. Nor any books slid in flat on top of the other books. Nor any space for new books. Not a library of a booklover.
Nah. Still Buckley for me, and I have the library to prove it. :devil:

That's probably because you are only seeing a part of the room. Silly criticism is silly.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_6a00d8341e478253ef0120a4e31ae8970b_pi.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_6a00d8341e478253ef0120a4e31afb970b_pi_1.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_6a00d8341e478253ef0120a4e31ae0970b_pi.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_6a00d8341e478253ef0120a4e31afb970b_pi.jpg

<Post continued below. Stupid 5 image limit.>

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_6a00d8341e478253ef0120a4e31add970b_pi.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_6a00d8341e478253ef0120a4e31af7970b_pi.jpg

I see everything one needs for a library: lots of books and a comfy place to sit and read. Plus a cat.

"Not the library of a booklover." :rofl: Please.

Thanks for the laugh. :lol: :lol:

Sorry for the huge-ass images. I'll resize and rehost later.

And BOOM. Images resized.

Personally I tend to clean up my flat before taking pictures to post in public. Maybe I'm weird that way, but if it makes me as weird as Gaiman, I can live with that.

I too tidy up before the press comes to my abode. Or when I take pics of my pad for the world to see. Nobody needs to know about the squalor I normally live in.

Put me down as a Gaiman-like book hater.

I still like Buckley's more, it shows character. Totally non-sterile. Well lived in, honestly so. He doesn't hide who he is.

Yeah. That Gaiman; posting pictures of a library full of well-read SF books, as if he were trying to hide and present himself like some sort of science fiction writer.

Back