• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

do you keep a book list?

I have a journal broken down by month/year of what books I've read and if I liked it or not. I was buying duplicates of books I already had or had read.

I also keep a list of books I want to read. When I have a book from the list, then I cross it off. After I finish the book it goes to the above list.

I do ( now it is did because the list got wiped out in current puter probs :( ) a list of authors and books that I would like to try.

Regards
SillyWabbit

I haven't been keeping a book list --- I've never even thought of this. Now I've been inspired to start one. My "To Read" list is going to be very long...

I never kept a list of what I read, and I regret that now - but it's impossible to remember all the books I've read, and if I start a new one, starting with the book I'm currently reading, then I'll always know it won't be a complete list.

Yes, I'm odd.

Maybe, someday, when I move to a different house, and I'll find all my stuff, I can finally see all the books I've read.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

I always meant to keep a book list, but never really got round to it :( I guess its a little late now!!

Phil

My to buy list is in eBay, although it is very short as I have a few lined up to read and I am an impulse buyer.
On my eBay page I have some favourite searches for authors that I am on the look out for. It's great I just recieve a email when someone lists a book and I can then check it out and bid :)

Book shops are just so expensive.

The last addition was winchester as in Simon Winchester

He is the author of KRAKATOA, THE MAP THAT CHANGED THE WORLD, THE PROFESSOR AND THE MADMAN, and THE FRACTURE ZONE, among many other titles. He lives in Massachusetts and in the Western Isles of Scotland.
Edit: I need to make lists of books I have read as I hate buying books I already have.

i keep a list of authors and to-be-read books.
i have never kept a list of books i have read, except in my school days in which i had a list of more than a hundred read Hardy Boys :)

For those of you who speak or understand Dutch, you can keep your own library for free online at http://www.boekenforum.be . It 's a nice tool, letting you keep and rate your books, keep journals per book, etc...

On the main page, choose 'mijn bib' in the navigation on your left side.

Cheers,
msm

I really should keep a list of books I've read. Once I re-read a book I had previously read (I'd forgotten that I'd read it) and I didn't realize it until I got to a specific part in the book that sounded very familiar. After that the rest of the book came back to me. It was a very deja vu experience! Maybe I will start a book list. I do have a TBR list, but it seems like I'll write down books and then later I'll decide that I don't feel like reading them. :rolleyes:

Every year I start a new list and keep up with it for a month or two. But, before long, I forget to record the last set of books I picked up at the library and the that's the end of it for me. :rolleyes:

But, I'm breaking the mold (I hope) and am going to endeavor to begin keeping a new list now that I've found a place where I can sit and talk about my favorite thing. Wish me luck! :D

Does anyone know of a decent Book List holder on the internet?? I swap around between computers quite often and sometimes i cant get to one or the other, and so it would be hard to keep a soft copy updated :)

Thanks

Phil

I usually make lists and then lose them. I probably should keep an electronic list, so I can't lose it as easily. Mostly I keep lists of books/authors that I'm interested in. Keeping up with what I've read it too difficult.

phil_t said:
Does anyone know of a decent Book List holder on the internet?? I swap around between computers quite often and sometimes i cant get to one or the other, and so it would be hard to keep a soft copy updated :)

Thanks

Phil

That would be great, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, I don't speak Dutch, so the one msm suggested probably won't do for me. LOL

I don't keep a list of books I've read but I do keep a list of books I own, on a Excel spreadsheet.
It details the name of the book, author, publisher, copyright date, edition, hardback/paperback, comments (eg what language it's in, if it's a first edition and worth something etc etc).
Sad huh? :rolleyes:

Not sad no, like i said earlier, i'd love to have made one and kept it going since i was younger. When i get the chance, i will attempt to catelogue all the books i have sitting in my (many) bookcases and keep a better record of them all. Who knows, i'll probably find a load i havnt read at all!!

Did once catelogue all my Mums fantasy/sci-fi books once, took all day and that wernt all that many (but then the list did half-consist of every Anne McCaffrey novel ever :rolleyes: ).

Phil

Phil, what you could do (if you have a web-based email address - like Hotmail or Yahoo) is email yourself the list. That way you'll be able to update it everywhere, as long as you have an internet connection.

Voila!

Cheers, (the problemsolver) Martin
Grin.gif

Well, that would work ... if my Dad hadnt somehow managed to disable Hotmail from working on this computer (his one) - God knows what he did but i can only access it on the Laptop (which he hides to stop me using it :D)

Phil

The Collectorz software lets you upload your book list to a website, but you would have to shell out pennies for it.

I got it a few months ago (just the basic version) and it's very easy to use. You just type in the ISBN and it downloads all the relevant info from online bookshops, including the cover.

I don't know how easy it would then be to edit a list from a different PC after uploading it. But the website has a forum and you could always quiz them about it. It just depends if you want to spend money on it, or if you want freeware.

Back