• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

do you keep track of the books you read?

I always mean to, and I do, to a certain extent, but things get missed off, then I wonder what the point is. Incidentally, I haven't read anything for a couple of months anyway, which also makes me not all that bothered about keeping a log.

I log them at another forum, these days.

I started keeping a list a couple of years ago, using an MSN Spaces blog. My reading has actually changed because of this. The first year I ended up reading a book title for each letter of the alphabet, the second year I alternated fiction and non-fiction with a month of each. No theme this year, I'm just reading subjects which interest me.

My completely uninteresting and not regularly updated blog is at A Blog About Nothing

In order to keep track of the books I have read over the last 3-4 years I took to jotting down the title and author in a little notebook. Recently a friend brought to my attention a superb site to help organise and keep track of my books, Goodreads.com. When time presents itself I shall make use of the virtual bookshelves to track my reading.

Book List Diversity

I started keeping a list a couple of years ago, using an MSN Spaces blog. My reading has actually changed because of this. The first year I ended up reading a book title for each letter of the alphabet, the second year I alternated fiction and non-fiction with a month of each. No theme this year, I'm just reading subjects which interest me.

letterHead
I think what you did is so creative and interesting

I also think a book list of any kind kept anywhere is a another gift we give ourselves from reading

I keep a list of books I read, which includes title, author, date finished, number of pages, type of book or number in series, and a rating based on my own rating system. I think I might drop the rating though and add a start date.

Keeping Track

My list is now in a D/B as follows
TITLE
LAST NAME
FIRST
YEAR BOOK #
GENRE
(COMMENTS ... THIS GOT TOO COMPLICATED SO I STOPPED PUTTING COMMENTS IN)

THIS WORKS FOR ME

I ALSO KEEP TEH SAME LIST IN A BIG JOURNAL BOOK

I don't keep lists but wish I did. I think I'll start this year. It would be fun to go back and look at all the titles. Thing is, I give so many books away to my library that I don't have them all for reference. Hence list = good idea.

i use microsoft excel to do my book list,last year i think i read 121 books,which is a record for me,although thats only because last year i actually started to get into reading

I always keep a record of the books I've read, but I don't count them. I have just joined Shelfari aswell. My username is Ashernz.

I kept book lists in the late 80's and early 90's but stopped,and of course later wished I'd continued. I started listing the books I've read in '07 again,and last year read 19,which is seemingly nothing compared to others! I also choose my favourite from each year too.

Ack! I've lost 2005!!! I have lists back to 2002 on the computer and in a binder, and I can't find 05 anywhere:confused:

Time to call in the bloodhounds...

Didn't you get the memo abc? 2005 was such a horrible year that all data related to it has been deleted. NWO spooks came in the dead of night to everyone's homes and took everything with 2005 on it.

I've already said too much...

If the memo was labeled "2005" that explains why I missed it! We've switched computers around, lost the laptop, recovered stuff, etc so it's possible to have lost a file or two, but the hard copy lists WERE in my olympic challenge binder that nobody else in the house cares about but me..so this bothers me! I've even seen them recently...

We have a list of our local book club reads but as for me personally, nope I don't really keep a list of what I've read. That said, I did get so many diaries for Christmas that I've kept one solely for noting down what I'm reading and when I start and finish it.

Back