• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Euro 2004

Martin said:
How can you like the Italians - I don't understand that. They are so intensely unlikable!

You're weird.

Cheers, Martin

I hate the Italians!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: There's only one good thing thats come out of that country. Pizza. Pizza is OK.

No offence to all the Italians out there incidently - all my extreme views are coloured by one nasty incident with one nasty Italian.

Martin said:
How can you like the Italians - I don't understand that. They are so intensely unlikable!
But how handsome...I want them back! :mad:

They are not handsome, man! They're disgusting! They think they're handsome, that's the entire deal.

And Speedy Parker - I hope you're right, Man!

Cheers, Martin

What can you know, you're a man. :p

Like it or not, they are handsome.

17.gif
:D Well some of them anyway :eek:

No no no! They are not! They all think they are Gods Gift and strut around it tight trousers... ALL OF THEM!

ControlArmsNow said:
So, Sweden and Denmark got the 2-2 draw they needed. I didn't see the game and can't believe such a result could be fixed, but questions will be asked (especially in Italy :rolleyes: Arrivederci l'Italia!)

I am not into football - really, but I do feel called upon to comment on this outragious idea, that the match between Denmark and Sweden was fixed. Anyone who knows anything about Danish-Swedish history could not possibly think that. :( :eek:

Don't you know that it is bloody serious (and I am not swearing here). Denmark and Sweden has been at war with each other for - oh 400 years. Only this last century we have moved the war from the battle field to the football field. We are arch enemies on the football fiels. AND WE DON'T GIVE AWAY POINTS TO THE SWEDES! THEY CAN BLOODY WELL (now I am swearing) GET THE POINTS THEMSELVES!!! :mad: :mad:

The Italians are just looking for poor excuses for their bad play.

Hobitten (Danish - NOT Swedish)

Freya said:
No offence to all the Italians out there incidently - all my extreme views are coloured by one nasty incident with one nasty Italian.

Yea, well it must have been the same nasty Italian that I had a nasty incident with. He gets everywhere that one nasty Italian. All of the others are probably pefectly decent and sensitive people. :rolleyes:

hobitten said:
I am not into football - really, but I do feel called upon to comment on this outragious idea, that the match between Denmark and Sweden was fixed. Anyone who knows anything about Danish-Swedish history could not possibly think that.

Hobitten (Danish - NOT Swedish)

That's not what I said hobitten, in fact just the opposite. Any team which found itself a goal up with a minute remaining, and so in the next round, would do everything to protect that lead - deliberately conceding a goal in those circumstances would never happen, regardless of history.

My god people, physical adeptness and intelligence can go hand in hand. Intellectuals don't always have to shun athletics as if it is beneath them. Especially one as tactical and demanding as well Soccer here, football everywhere else. I only wish I could get coverage here without having to pay an arm and a leg for pay per view. Don't listen to them Martin, they are deprived of the pleasure that is their loss :).

GO ITALIA!!!!

Martin said:
Erm, no, because Germany will have to lose against the Czechs and the Czechs are through anyway, so they'll give their star players the day off next wednesday. Conclusion, Germany will beat the secondary Czech team, and Holland will go home.

Emotional support, anyone?

Cheers, Martin

Such a pessimist :D

See, even though the Czechs changed 9 of their starting 11 they still managed to beat Germany - so congratulations - you're through! :cool:

Nice win though too btw :D

I watched the game with my grandmother today (strangely enough: I've got a really big family and my grandmothers and me are the only ones who watch the euro :rolleyes: ). It was a bit frustrating, because we actually did quite well in the second half. :(
Well, such is life!
At least my sister is happy, she supports the Netherlands. ;) Oranje!

Although I've put money on the Czech Republic to win the whole tournament, I wanted Germany to win this evening. The best laid plans....

Germany did not deserve to go through - looking at all three matches, they played, maybe, one good half.

So, no Italians, no Germans .. this is gonna be fun!

Keep an eye on the Czechs, I think they're our next champions.

Oh, and did I mention that I love Milan Barros! (You know, in a strictly hetero-sexual way.)

Cheers, Martin

Back