• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Free Children's Book Competition for TBF members only

I say there, are children allowed to enter? Only, I wouldn't usually label myself a child, but, when needs must, I suppose.

Stewart said:
I say there, are children allowed to enter? Only, I wouldn't usually label myself a child, but, when needs must, I suppose.
You've got a cheek. You eat children for breakfast.
My kids are too old for your book. I entered the competition before because I thought I could give the book to my youngest daughter's primary school, but now she is in secondary and I don't work with schools any more, so I really don't know. I have a couple of neighbours that age but I've never seen them with a book.

Stewart said:

If you are under 13 years old you are not allowed to be a member of TBF.....

Motokid said:
If you are under 13 years old you are not allowed to be a member of TBF.....

Actually Linky - may I call you Linky? - a child such as myself is eligible to join this forum provided permission is granted by the parent or guardian. The fat one will see to it that I am allowed here. As for the woman...well, let's just say I have other plans for her.

Stewart said:
Actually Linky - may I call you Linky? - a child such as myself is eligible to join this forum provided permission is granted by the parent or guardian. The fat one will see to it that I am allowed here. As for the woman...well, let's just say I have other plans for her.

"2.7 To compy with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, The Book Forum does not allow members who are younger than 13yrs to signup for site membership."

I like the spelling error too.... :D

clueless said:
You've got a cheek. You eat children for breakfast.
My kids are too old for your book. I entered the competition before because I thought I could give the book to my youngest daughter's primary school, but now she is in secondary and I don't work with schools any more, so I really don't know. I have a couple of neighbours that age but I've never seen them with a book.

Sorry clueless, I'm not sure you meet the critical criteria for proper crituqueabilityness..... :confused: :confused:

sirmyk said:
Can I be on the poll twice? You can lie and say yes if you want to help cheer me up a bit.

You can enter as many times as you want, but people can only vote for you once...and I don't think having a bad day is going to help you very much.....

sirmyk said:
Can I be on the poll twice? You can lie and say yes if you want to help cheer me up a bit.

I was on a poll once.

slipped off and ripped my G-string.

real messy business, that.

Motokid said:
September is half over today people....time is moving on....

Enter now...it's free...I only ask for a small amount of your time.

I've only got 6 people in the running so far...

Mehastings, Jenngorham, Sirmyk, Cajunmama, Leckert, and Abecedarian

There has to be more of you out there with kids, and or access to kids...

I have access to kids (that sounds scary :eek: ), I volunteer at the school all year long, in the library and teaching arts & crafts :). I didn't enter at first because my son is a car man and knows very little of motor bikes, but many of the boys at his school are into them. I help with several of the reading programs and at the library so it would not be a problem to read your book to a wide range of children and see what they think. I could then post back to you. I also have friends at the public library and probably could arange a reading there.

A Reading Family

I have 2 children at the ages that you are looking for. Andrew is 6 and Rebecca is 8. I have instilled to them the love of reading at an early age. Every night we set aside one half hour for family reading time. We either choose to read one book to each other while taking turns on pages, or we choose on any other day to read our own books quietly. Mostly I find that Andrew and Rebecca choose to read to each other while I listen to them.

It seems to bring them closer and into a better sibling relationship and shows them patience and understanding for each and of course others as well. I see that it also helps them to read better. They help each other when words get tough. I'm always standing by if they are in need of comprehenion. (I like to challenge them)

Maybe my kids and I deserve this book, I'm not sure. But I would love to read it, review it and pass it along to other children will the same love for reading that Andrew and Rebecca have since an early age.

Readers make Leaders!

Regardless of who gets the free book, I'm tickled to see so many folks reading to the children in their lives. This is what it's really all about. Hugs all around.

abecedarian said:
Regardless of who gets the free book, I'm tickled to see so many folks reading to the children in their lives. This is what it's really all about. Hugs all around.
It's what's most important to me. Knowledge is power, and I want to arm my children for the future.

I'm remembering during this summer when we were in the middle of "Charlie and the Chocolate factory"; one night when I ws just about to settle them in so I could start another chapter. They were behaving badly and I told them that since they didn't settle down fast enough, I wasn't going to continue tonight and that we'd get reading tomorrow.....They both started BAWLING!!!! I mean sobbing.... "Mommy, please read to us, please, we'll be good"
They were both so upset, but I needed to stick to my guns. I resumed reading the next night and finished the book before the new version of the movie came out. :p

Isabell said:
It's what's most important to me. Knowledge is power, and I want to arm my children for the future.

I'm remembering during this summer when we were in the middle of "Charlie and the Chocolate factory"; one night when I ws just about to settle them in so I could start another chapter. They were behaving badly and I told them that since they didn't settle down fast enough, I wasn't going to continue tonight and that we'd get reading tomorrow.....They both started BAWLING!!!! I mean sobbing.... "Mommy, please read to us, please, we'll be good"
They were both so upset, but I needed to stick to my guns. I resumed reading the next night and finished the book before the new version of the movie came out. :p

There's something RIGHT about kids who cry when they have to miss their story..and you were right to keep your word.Good job mom!

That's quite a story Izzy....just the kind of thing that could influence the voting members..... :)

I'm sure your 8 year old is way beyond a picture book, and I'd be surprised if the 6 year old isn't pushing the limits too. We're talking the typical 24 page picture book with no more than a few sentences per page, and big colorful pictures. But have no fear....your in the running....and the sands of time are running out....

Ah, but you see; both Andrew and Becca are artisitc in their own right. Even at their age, they can appreciate good art work. I'm sure they'd have plenty to say about the book :)

You know what they say; Every picture tells a story :D

I'm sure they would have plenty to tell you about it

I have several very artistic kids, and I am always looking for picture books to show them so they can see various types of artwork. I've brought home many different versions of familiar stories like The Night Before Christmas, just so they can enjoy the artist's interpretation. My 12 year old son still enjoys picture books in this light. They ALL still love Meanwhile, Back At the Ranch by Trinka Hakes Noble.. So really, no one is too old for a good picture book.

Well I am new to this forum but in the welcoming a member sent me here.

I do have 2 children. A almost (oct. 10) 3 year old boy and a 11 year old girl. Now my girl I am sure would be very honest about the book. Although she is a girl she loves motorcycles. She loves watching OCC (orange county choppers). My son loves anything with wheels. My daughter would rather read on her own these day but my son loves to be read to.
I also have a couple 3 year old nephews I could try it out on too ;)

Well I think this is a real neat thing u are doing here and congrats to whoever wins! :)

Back