• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Free Children's Book Competition for TBF members only

mom2kngr said:
Well I think this is a real neat thing u are doing here and congrats to whoever wins! :)

Thanx...just make sure you are willing to accept the criteria I mentioned in the opening post. I will need need a mailing address for the winner, and you will have to provide a complete, honest, and timely review of the book. I can't have a brand spanky new member of the forum win the book then dissappear and not complete the deal. No premature evacuations..... :eek:

Oh no I will gladly give u a address and a timely review on it! :D I am sorry if i made it sound like i wouldn't!

Were we supposed to say we'd give our address and review? I thought that was understood. Obviously Moto would have to know where to send the book, and obviously he was asking for a review from the member who received the book..Ok....Moto: if chosen, I will provide a snail mail address AND a review of the book!

I will need an address of the winner to mail the book to. It can be pm'd or emailed to me directly and I will not provide this name or address to anybody. I was only concerned that our newest member of the contest was so new to the forum altogether that she might disappear before the contest had run it's coarse. That's all....

sorry if this was not clear....

Oh heck no...u can't get rid of me that fast...lol I spend many hours on this forum.. umm yes i do have a life but everyone needs breaks right? ;) I have alot of catching up to do on posts. But I can understand your concern on that Moto, but I dont have any plan to leave anytime soon :D

Better odds now....unless jenngorham and/or ronny decide to return to the forum they are no longer meeting the criteria for my contest....

Haven't seen leckert in a while either, so I'm not exactly sure if he's still in the running....

I don't actually have any kids but I can kidnap a few and read them this story. For my generosity in sharing your words I expect to win this. That is all.

Stewart said:
I don't actually have any kids but I can kidnap a few and read them this story. For my generosity in sharing your words I expect to win this. That is all.

To avoid jail, maybe a visit to a local daycare center might be better..you'd still have your captive audience, and someone else has to wipe noses ;) I'm just looking out for the best interests of all of us here at the forum...I bet they wouldn't let you have a laptop in jail :D

Stewart said:

Todays children are tomorrows book forum members...I can't have you kidnapping children Stewart....you are not in the running for the book....not is this particular "contest" anyway....

I just had a bookcrossing moment..how many of us are actually in the running? Here's a thought: What if you did a bookring? Get the addresses of the ones wanting to review the book, and send it to the first person on the list(you can arrange by geographic region if you want) and we each take a turn reading the book to our kids and pm-ing you our reviews(that way we don't cloud eachother's judgement), then we send the book to the next person on the list. The last person then returns it to you. You could then post all the reviews so we can see what the others thought.
This way you'd get more than just one family to preview your book. The cost of sending a small book shouldn't be too high. It's just an idea.

abecedarian said:
I just had a bookcrossing moment..how many of us are actually in the running? Here's a thought: What if you did a bookring? Get the addresses of the ones wanting to review the book, and send it to the first person on the list(you can arrange by geographic region if you want) and we each take a turn reading the book to our kids and pm-ing you our reviews(that way we don't cloud eachother's judgement), then we send the book to the next person on the list. The last person then returns it to you. You could then post all the reviews so we can see what the others thought.
This way you'd get more than just one family to preview your book. The cost of sending a small book shouldn't be too high. It's just an idea.

Brilliant..brilliant...brilliant.....as long as the forum members don't mind paying for shipping and handing out addresses and "real" names to a small handful of other members.

I have no problem with this. The others in the running, and you know who you are, will have to chime in on this idea.

You are a real doll abecedarian... :D :D :D

Motokid said:
Brilliant..brilliant...brilliant.....as long as the forum members don't mind paying for shipping and handing out addresses and "real" names to a small handful of other members.

I have no problem with this. The others in the running, and you know who you are, will have to chime in on this idea.

You are a real doll abecedarian... :D :D :D

LOL Once in awhile those two remaining brain cells actually work :D

Ohhh I think it sounds like a great idea!! I wouldnt mind giving out info and paying for shipping. I would think it would cost much depending I guess on where it is being shipped too.
But I am all for it!! :D

mom2kngr said:
Ohhh I think it sounds like a great idea!! I wouldnt mind giving out info and paying for shipping. I would think it would cost much depending I guess on where it is being shipped too.
But I am all for it!! :D

I think everybody is in the USA...so shipping should not be more than $2.00 tops....it's not a hardback, and only 24 pages long....pretty light.....

I'll join the book ring, no problemo. I mean, you guys can find out my info anyway from my website...I'm not that secretive anyway.

Let us know, moto

So here's what I see so far:

mehastings, sirmyk, cajunmama, leckert, abecedarian, Isabell, and mom2kngr are the people who are in contention.

all but mehastings, leckert and cajunmama have posted they up for a "round-robin" with the book.

My guess is cajunmama will be quite busy from the hurricanes, but I would think she would be willing to participate.

If mehastings and leckert are in (why wouldn't they be???) I'll put the book in the mail as soon as I get an address for somebody.....

We can keep track of where the book is, and who will get it next in this thread if you'd like?

Round Robin it is then....I've heard from everybody except leckert...everybody who qualifies that is :) ...I'll be getting the book into the mail to abecedarian in the next few days. It would be cool to use this thread to let everybody know when you get the book, and when you put it in the mail for the next person. That way everybody knows where the book is and who has it.

I'll post when "The Little Motorcycle" is in the hands of the US Post office.

Thank you all. This has been fun, and I look forward to your efforts.

Back