• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gay marriage

Aha.

1) Who said she lost only because of that answer?
2) Isn't the point of asking questions to find out whether or not someone deserves to win? Therefore, it follows that certain answers will make you less likely to win than others.
3) Why does anyone care? It's a beauty pageant. Contestants usually win or lose based on their answer to questions like "How would you end world hunger?"

1) Who said she lost only because of that answer?
She was saying it ofcourse,but there were others that agreed,callers calling in etc..

2) Isn't the point of asking questions to find out whether or not someone deserves to win? Therefore, it follows that certain answers will make you less likely to win than others.?
Yes beergood,what she's claiming is that because she was against gay marriages and said so,it's the reason she lost.What I am asking is should she have answered what these people wanted to hear or answered what she believes?

3) Why does anyone care?

I thought I am in the right thread about gay marriages?
It's a beauty pageant. Contestants usually win or lose based on their answer to questions like "How would you end world hunger?"

I assume because it's a beauty pageant it's not important and I agree,I am not a fan either,but the question and the answer to it and all the publicity it has gotten was important to me because I saw that she had courage to answer what she believed and not what people wanted to hear.That is what we all should be able to do either way.

She was saying it ofcourse,but there were others that agreed,callers calling in etc..
And of course they would know. :innocent:

Yes beergood,what she's claiming is that because she was against gay marriages and said so,it's the reason she lost.What I am asking is should she have answered what these people wanted to hear or answered what she believes?
But doesn't that apply to every single question asked at these things - unless of course the Q&A is just an excuse to make it less like it's all about the T&A. But as far as I understand, there are more than two competitors in these things. One girl wins, all the others lose. All the ones who lose do so because the judges make a subjective call that they are not the ones who deserve to win - based on how they look, how well they dance, answers to the questions, what have you. Every girl who lost, lost for some reason. What makes this one bigger news than the other 48 - except that this one seems to be a sore loser?

she had courage to answer what she believed and not what people wanted to hear.That is what we all should be able to do either way.
I'm not overly familiar with this case, but as far as I can tell nobody has tried to take that right or ability away from her - any more than the fact that this girl (link below) didn't win her competition means she wasn't allowed to be stupid. It just didn't help her win a high-profile competition.

YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question

And of course they would know. :innocent:
Tha halo does not suit you.:D

But doesn't that apply to every single question asked at these things - unless of course the Q&A is just an excuse to make it less like it's all about the T&A. But as far as I understand, there are more than two competitors in these things. One girl wins, all the others lose. All the ones who lose do so because the judges make a subjective call that they are not the ones who deserve to win - based on how they look, how well they dance, answers to the questions, what have you. Every girl who lost, lost for some reason. What makes this one bigger news than the other 48 - except that this one seems to be a sore loser?
It's a beauty contest and how much difference can there be between one ...false eyelash from the other or how they walk with a bikini,or shiny teeth,It's possible it does come down to the questions that makes a difference.
"How would you end world hunger " and "do you think other states should follow in legalizing same sex marriage" is again somehow in my opinion not balanced.

I'm not overly familiar with this case, but as far as I can tell nobody has tried to take that right or ability away from her - any more than the fact that this girl (link below) didn't win her competition means she wasn't allowed to be stupid. It just didn't help her win a high-profile competition. ]
Nobody tried to take her right and there were comments from both sides including that she was a sore loser.

url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww]YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question[/url]
:lol::whistling::lol::

"How would you end world hunger " and "do you think other states should follow in legalizing same sex marriage" is again somehow in my opinion not balanced.
Why not? Sure, the first is important to the world's survival, the other ought to be a non-issue to everyone except those who want to marry someone of the same sex. Funny how the latter is the controversial one... I don't disagree that both are silly questions to ask of someone whose job will be to carry a tiara and smile for 12 months, but I don't see why one should be more ridiculous than the other.

Nobody tried to take her right and there were comments from both sides including that she was a sore loser.
My point exactly. So what's the big deal?

I'm all for happy marriages.
I am all for people loving and marrying who they want.

Why not? Sure, the first is important to the world's survival, the other ought to be a non-issue to everyone except those who want to marry someone of the same sex.
That's what I am getting at,why ask the question in the first place?
Nobody is going to get up there and say that they will not do something for world hunger because it has to to with the a world concern as a whole,but the second question has to do with a certain set of people.

Funny how the latter is the controversial one...
It became controversial when it came out of his mouth in my opinion,they asked for a personal opinion about Gay marriages and that brings in other issues like religious beliefs ,backgrounds,how one was raised to believe etc and I don't find it fair.

I don't disagree that both are silly questions to ask of someone whose job will be to carry a tiara and smile for 12 months, ?
at least we agree on something...

Silly pageants. They asked for her opinion and she gave it and then because the judges didn't share her opinion she lost. Not that I really care that much. I quit watching pageants decades ago.

Pageants are beyond irrelevant. Silly women answering silly questions. Maybe if they change the format so that the pretense of intelligence is finally abandoned it would be watchable again. I suggest they go with a lumberjack style wrestling match. Last lady standing wins, crown her and dump her onto the spanish announcers table.

But I digress. I'm fine with gay marriage. More power to them.

It's a beauty contest and how much difference can there be between one ...false eyelash from the other or how they walk with a bikini,or shiny teeth,It's possible it does come down to the questions that makes a difference.

They should just drop the questions and replace it with jello wrestling or something like that to make the contests less of a joke.

The ugly chicks get the swimsuit competition and the hot ones continue to answer contemporary world problems.

Back