• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Halo's Resignation

Halo

My resignation

Hello everyone,

I would like to let you all know that due to a change in my personal circumstances, I am no longer able to carry on as a Senior Moderator here, and am tendering my resignation. From tonight, I will no longer be carrying out moderator duties on Book & Reader.

As it may be some time before Darren changes my title, and I doubt I'll be visiting much, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you if you PMed me about moderator issues.

In the three years I've been here, I've met some very interesting people, and made some wonderful friends (you know who you are! :) )

Keep reading, and keep posting!

Very best wishes,

Halo. :)

A job well done. Very responsible communication and up front. I've always appreciated that.

Halo, I hope you're not leaving without saying goodbye... I'd have to really take that flight to Yorkshire and find you. :mad:

I respect your decision to leave your post, but I sure hope we still get to see you here.

Gosh, I'm missing you already. :(

ds

We could all go with ds. Who wants to charter a plane to Yorkshire for a Halo-finding mission? :D

(I could say more, but ... ) ;)

StillILearn said:
I guess we could all go. Who wants to charter a plane to Yorkshire for a Halo-finding mission? :D
ooh, me! me! Can I drive..er I mean fly the plane?

Halo,
You can run but you can't hide, we'll see you real soon ;) :D .

Halo, it is your decision. However, I for one would really like to see you stay in your position as a moderator.

There would be little point in her retaining her moderator status if, as she said, she won't be here much more, if at all. She would be getting emails all the time when posts get reported, etc.

Incidentally, when did we last hear from mehastings and Wabbit?

Good question. mehastings I think also has personal stuff going on at the minute, which is why she's stepped down from the Book of the Month think for the time being. I'm sad about this and Halo's departure as they were both always very decent to me. I PMed all the mods and Darren a few weeks back about a little exposure I managed to get for Book and Reader in the national press and Halo and mehastings were the only ones who acknowledged it. I don't know where Wabbit, Ice and Darren are.

Then again it's a lot less busy here than it used to be, so arguably there's less need for moderators to be ever-present.

But we still don't have our "Mature" thread..does this mean we just carry on and talk about what we want, but swear to be civil, no matter what? I'm in..

abecedarian said:
But we still don't have our "Mature" thread..does this mean we just carry on and talk about what we want, but swear to be civil, no matter what? I'm in..
Laugh! Now that's an excellent loophole you've got there, ABC... :) Let's head on right over to General Chat, and I've got this very interesting thread I have in mind on Right-Wing Politics. :D

Shade, what national press coverage are you referring to? Any chance of an internet link that I could follow to read on this?

ds

It was just a little itty-bitty namecheck here, ds, in the (London) Times. It's near the end. I meant the UK national press by the way.

direstraits said:
Laugh! Now that's an excellent loophole you've got there, ABC... :) Let's head on right over to General Chat, and I've got this very interesting thread I have in mind on Right-Wing Politics. :D

Shade, what national press coverage are you referring to? Any chance of an internet link that I could follow to read on this?

ds

Sure, just wait a sec while I don the ol' flame retardant suit here:cool:

There, ok..post away!

Shade said:
It was just a little itty-bitty namecheck here, ds, in the (London) Times. It's near the end. I meant the UK national press by the way.
Ah, Palimpsest made the list... congrats! Unless of course you wrote the piece, at which point I'd say... congrats! :)

abecedarian said:
Sure, just wait a sec while I don the ol' flame retardant suit here
Not sure if it'll be enough, ABC. We're talking a freaking forest fire -1000 degrees C here. :)

ds

Stewart said:
Incidentally, when did we last hear from mehastings and Wabbit?

Sorry to not be around much folks. I am going to try to check in a bit more now with Halo gone. As Shade indicated, I've got a lot on my plate right now. I've been very busy with planning a 200+ person social event happening 130 miles from where I live and dealing with a baby by myself for most of the week while her dad is away at the Massachusetts Fire Academy. When he comes home on the weekends we are frantic to catch up with chores around the house. Thankfully his program ends in a month and the party is the following week. After that I'll be back to torture you folks on a daily basis!

If, however, someone needs something urgently, please feel free to PM me or email me. I am trying to check that daily.

direstraits said:
Not sure if it'll be enough, ABC. We're talking a freaking forest fire -1000 degrees C here. :)

ds

Not knowing what you could possibly post to cause such havoc..I'll just say again, I find it hard to believe a group like this, made up of intelligent reader rabbits, can't have a discussion on any topic under the sun, without a flamewar. We are all aware we each come from highly diverse worldviews..so why can't we just agree to disagree up front and see what thoughts come out? If we'd agree that the goal is not to 'make' someone change their mind, but simply to express our own views and see how the world looks from 'the other guy's' shoes, then we really shouldn't have a problem.

abecedarian said:
Not knowing what you could possibly post to cause such havoc..
All it takes if for you to know the secret codeword, ABC. A couple of letters is all you need...

I share your views on the matured debate, but I have to admit I seem to miss all of the firefights and flamewars. :) I suppose we need to remember to try not to take these things personally - hard to do sometimes, I've done it myself too. But hey. Nothing a good skypecast chitchat wouldn't solve. :)

ds

Back