• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Movie

Kookamoor said:
Oh, and despite the fact that I just adore Alan Rickman, I can't say that 'sexy' is the word that comes to mind. 'Slimy' or 'greasy' are the two that I can think of where Snape is concerned, and he was simply fabulous in Dogma.

i thought he was sexy in sense and sensibility, but in hp, you are right, very greasy. and under used. i read somewhere that the movies make him a punchline; cartoon like and are really missing out on his darker nature from the books.

Having seen Thewlis in 'Naked' as an extremely rude misogynist, it felt a bit wierd to see him in a "movie for children". I had at least seen and liked him in 'Seven years in Tibet' but it was 'Naked' that made me remember him specifically.

Kookamoor, you could change your avatar to this gorgeous bird. She says "Kooka" all the time (more or less).

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I think this movie will either be the best one made and will change the genre forever or it will disappoint potter fans more than COS movie did. So give me ure opinion please.

I love the Harry Potter movies and the books so it will be exciting to see the actors nd actresses grown up :p I have seen some pictures from the movie so I think it looks pretty wicked! :D

I think the movie will likely disappoint die hard Potter fans. They're going to have to leave out a lot of stuff or risk the movie being too long for movie goers.

Catalyst said:
Do you go to Mugglenet too? :D I go there.

Oh yeah! As far as I know, there isn't a better place to go to keep up with the latest in the world of Harry Potter.

Arnt alot of movies like that? You know...when they skip out alot of stuff from the book... But they could make it as long as Titanic if they wanted, but would children sit that long through a Harry Potter movie without getting bored and fidget?

RainbowGurl said:
Arnt alot of movies like that? You know...when they skip out alot of stuff from the book... But they could make it as long as Titanic if they wanted, but would children sit that long through a Harry Potter movie without getting bored and fidget?

Yes they are. But I think the impact of it is greater where you have people that get as involved with something as the followers of the Potter series. Also, Potter movies will cut out more material because movies for children are typically kept down to about 90 minutes.

But Harry Potter isn't only for children as in the books alot of the words are difficult to understand and from the 3rd movie those Deamentors scared me...so did the wearwolf...and the Womping Willow....oh and don't forget the blue bird too! That was most scary of all! :eek:

RainbowGurl said:
But Harry Potter isn't only for children as in the books alot of the words are difficult to understand and from the 3rd movie those Deamentors scared me...so did the wearwolf...and the Womping Willow....oh and don't forget the blue bird too! That was most scary of all! :eek:

Perhaps not, but I believe the length of the movie will be with children in mind.

But then again alot of children love Harry Potter, they my not think of how long it is as they are enjoying watching it.

RainbowGurl said:
But then again alot of children love Harry Potter, they my not think of how long it is as they are enjoying watching it.

I hope the filmakers are listening to people like you, RainbowGurl. The movie would be so much better if they did.

I've said this elsewhere, but it would be an excellent marketing move to make the best 130-minute version of GOF as they can, but shoot 160 miuntes for an Extended release for DVD. Everyone wins. How could they possibly lose money?

Adaptations always require some trims, and most people can accept them. I did find the seasonal transitions in POA annoying "additions" and that's where adapters can get into trouble; but otherwise I found POA better than the first two. And a lot was left out, no doubt about it, foremost being the authorship of the map, where it could have been added in several places, including an explanation of the stag as James Potter's animagus form.

Back