• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Movie

I thought POA was the worse. The transitions were poor, they left key stuff out and then added stuff (like the choir) that wasn’t in the book and wasn’t important to the story.

I agree, but sadly since this is the longest book, this will seem like it has the most missing. I read in a review for the movie that S.P.E.W is cut entirely from the movie, so things like that I guess will not be present in the future movies.

h_carnahan said:
I agree, but sadly since this is the longest book, this will seem like it has the most missing. I read in a review for the movie that S.P.E.W is cut entirely from the movie, so things like that I guess will not be present in the future movies.

i don't mind spew being cut i found it annoying anyway. as long as they stay true to the end of the book then i will be happy.

I have a question how can they cut out SPEW then dobbys role will be strange as we will not know the story of how he came to hogwarts and its significance to the story as dobby is an intricate character to the 2nd task.

I also agree with the point made about the extended DvD i would like to see that because it would be a great money spinner for Rowling Incorperated(dont know companies name on copyright so i made up name) as i said good money maker just like LOTR extended Dvds with documentarys the hp DvD will atrract millions of hardcore HP movie buffs
(LOVE THE IDEA I REALLY HOPE THEY GO ALONG WITH IT)

Dermotjpr said:
I have a question how can they cut out SPEW then dobbys role will be strange as we will not know the story of how he came to hogwarts and its significance to the story as dobby is an intricate character to the 2nd task.

I also agree with the point made about the extended DvD i would like to see that because it would be a great money spinner for Rowling Incorperated(dont know companies name on copyright so i made up name) as i said good money maker just like LOTR extended Dvds with documentarys the hp DvD will atrract millions of hardcore HP movie buffs
(LOVE THE IDEA I REALLY HOPE THEY GO ALONG WITH IT)

I'd gladly pay extra for an extended version.

I was glad to see that SPEW has disappeared from books 5 and 6!

I would also imagine that the whole Quidditch World Cup thing will be gone or incredibly truncated ... two major contests in one movie? Not likely.

Oberon said:
I was glad to see that SPEW has disappeared from books 5 and 6!

I would also imagine that the whole Quidditch World Cup thing will be gone or incredibly truncated ... two major contests in one movie? Not likely.

Well, some of it anyway. I've seen pictures from the filming of that scene.

Robert said:
Well, some of it anyway. I've seen pictures from the filming of that scene.

They can't remove that whole thing. Because the dark mark is what sets everyone on the edge and doubting the prime minister. As well as getting Winky fired.

h_carnahan said:
They can't remove that whole thing. Because the dark mark is what sets everyone on the edge and doubting the prime minister. As well as getting Winky fired.

You're right, that's important to the development of the story.

I found some reviews by people who attended the recent viewing of the movie.

I was interested to see that this movie has received a rating of PG-13. I wonder if this will affect the box-office earnings much :confused:

MonkeyCatcher

Oberon said:
The did indeed remove a lot of this scene, I believe, but they obviously had to keep some of it in because of reasons already posted.

I personally can't wait to see the underwater scenes and the arrival of the two schools :)

MonkeyCatcher

MonkeyCatcher said:
I was interested to see that this movie has received a rating of PG-13. I wonder if this will affect the box-office earnings much
Hmmm good thought, I think that parents will be more hesitant to let their children go see the movie, so maybe the movies will do better on video than in the theatres.

I wonder if the PG-13 rating will have much impact. I imagine many of the kids have already read the book or had it read to them.

Yes, but that series was not read by many children like Harry Potter, nor has it had as many children under the age of 13 go see the movie in theatres. I don't think that this movie will have troubles in theatres but, when compared to how the other Harry Potter movies did in theatres, I think GoF will have less income.

But even so i reckon could be the best film of the four and those millions of die hard fans over 13 will still see it never mind about its younger fan base

I'be been to a few PG-13 movies with six and seven year old children. I really don't think most parents will give it a second thought.

GoF definately looks to be the best movie of the bunch so I hope that the rating doesn't affect it too much. But surely there would be a loss in overall income? I would have thought that under-13's would have made a major part of the movieviewing audience in the last three movies. And I'm sure that some parents would be reluctant to take their children to a pg-13 movie even if they have read the books.

Back