• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello! From Nevada

Elaina NV

Hello, everyone! Just joined today. I've been looking for a "book forum" for quite some time now. I thought it would be beneficial in my habitual book shopping sprees to have some insight from different people on what books to read. I have a huge collection of books at home that are probably going to cause my shelves to collapse with all the earthquakes we've been having here. However, you can never have enough books, but unfortunately I have read them all, and am now on the prowl. Looking forward to getting your guys' opinions and suggestions on what books to read! So thank you and nice to meet you in advance!:D

Welcome to BAR Elaina. You're among friends here and we'll never say you have too many books.

Welcome to BAR Elaina. You're among friends here and we'll never say you have too many books.

haha, oh I'm sure once you get to know me, you'll be saying I have too much of a lot of things, maybe not just books;)

And thank you for the welcome! Happy to have found this place.

haha, oh I'm sure once you get to know me, you'll be saying I have too much of a lot of things, maybe not just books;)

Not worried about that happening. I'm a collector of way too many things and if anything, I'm a sympathizer.

Welcome!

I, too, have gathered lots of good info on books to read. I even read books I never would've thought to read, like Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms, which is this month's Book of the Month.

Enjoy!

O.K, how about you start making a list here of what you have alot of?:)

Okay, let's be sensible here. lol. I have a job to do (which I currently am at.) Making a list would take up most of that salaried time.:lol:

Actually, I am not a big fan of collecting. I don't like clutter -- I just make an exception when it comes to my books. I was merely just implying I have a lot of sass, attitude, opinion, etc. etc.. Not to be confused with me being a bitch, only indirectly at times.:D Then again I guess that's borderline stating-the-obvious, since that characteristic trait is common in most women:whistling:

Welcome to the forum! I've been to Reno and Carson City before, great areas. Also have to give kuds to the Lake Tahoe area-very fun. I can also relate when it comes to earthquakes-first time I experienced one was in Carson City about nine years ago. :D

Welcome to the forum! I've been to Reno and Carson City before, great areas. Also have to give kuds to the Lake Tahoe area-very fun. I can also relate when it comes to earthquakes-first time I experienced one was in Carson City about nine years ago. :D

Yeah, I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. Was there when the big one hit and everything, but I have never experienced/felt as many earthquakes for the whole duration I was living there than I have in the past 2 months living in Reno. It's been crazy recently. They don't even make headlines anymore unless it's at least a 4.5, especially after the China earthquake, where we all realized that our earthquakes are too miniscule to right home about compared to that tragedy. And Lake Tahoe is definitely awesome - only 20 minutes from my house. Great area in general to live, we have everything within a 3 hour radius (San Fran included.) Although, I do miss LA:sad:

My goal is to have so many books that they start making up my furniture (coffee table, couch, and maybe a book shelf made out of books:D)

remind me of when Kramer on seinfeld made a coffee table book about coffee tables that had littlefold out legs that turned it into a coffee table...err cant find a pic but..................

adecomodo.com_wp_content_uploads_2007_09_bibliochasechair.jpg

:D

You and sparkchaser find some excellent pictures.

I want one of those except my daughter would run roughshod over my books in a couple of days.

Back