• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

We seem to have the Red Wings, Flyers, Leafs and the Avs represented here. If there are fans to any other hockey teams, it seems they're smart enough about it to stay in the closet.

THE RED WINGS RULE!!!!!

Robert said:
We seem to have the Red Wings, Flyers, Leafs and the Avs represented here. If there are fans to any other hockey teams, it seems they're smart enough about it to stay in the closet.

THE RED WINGS RULE!!!!!

Not smart...cowards...come show your colors now so after the season gets well under way we know the true fans from the bandwagon fans....I don't want to see Nashville go deep in the Cup Playoff's and all of a sudden find a few Nashville fans come out of no-where.

by the way....I believe forgot to mention...maple leafs suck maple leafs suck....

Motokid said:
Not smart...cowards...come show your colors now so after the season gets well under way we know the true fans from the bandwagon fans....I don't want to see Nashville go deep in the Cup Playoff's and all of a sudden find a few Nashville fans come out of no-where.

by the way....I believe forgot to mention...maple leafs suck maple leafs suck....

Well you know that going to happen, Motokid, especially if the Rangers make the post season.

Robert said:
Well you know that going to happen, Motokid, especially if the Rangers make the post season.

The irony of the Rangers making the post season after the money they've spent in the last few years is well worth the bandwagon jumpers..but only for one season, and only if they don't make it to Lord Stanley's Cup finals....

Motokid said:
The irony of the Rangers making the post season after the money they've spent in the last few years is well worth the bandwagon jumpers..but only for one season, and only if they don't make it to Lord Stanley's Cup finals....

The Rangers to the finals? Has hell frozen over?

Motokid said:
where the hell are the east coast fans...I need some Bruins, Devils, Rangers, Sucky Maple Leafs banter....

Drop the Damn Puck!!!!!

In defense of Bruins fans, I guess it is kind of hard to get behind your team when you don't know who the hell is on your team! I think they have all of 3 people signed at this point.

pwilson said:
In defense of Bruins fans, I guess it is kind of hard to get behind your team when you don't know who the hell is on your team! I think they have all of 3 people signed at this point.

I think that's ultimately what's going to save some face for the NHL. Many teams will be making sweeping personel changes, and I think that will breed some new found excitement into the league. Every team now starts from scratch, and any team, on paper, could go very deep into the playoffs...

There's really no reason to believe the Avs, and the Red Wings, or the Penguins, and the Bruins are not going to be the surprise of the new NHL.

If there is any truth to the rumor that european prospects have to be signed in two years (like north american prospects), that could change a lot of things.

Motokid said:
There's really no reason to believe the Avs, and the Red Wings, or the Penguins, and the Bruins are not going to be the surprise of the new NHL.
You're right, it's all wide open now. But in my opinion, the cream will still rise to the top in many cases. Although there is a lot is to be said about teams being able to spend more under the old system, I still think that the GM's and Presidents for successful teams had to make good decisions and were usually better at spending the money they had. Under the new system, there will still be teams who will choose to spend their money poorly (like the Rangers for the last 5 years) and who will still find ways to shoot themselves in the foot and there will still be GM's who are simply better at their jobs and who find ways to use the new rules to their best advantage. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is that now, there's no excuses. Everyone is working with the same rules so there's no more "small-market" excuses.

Saaaahwwweaaattttttt !!!!!!!

maple leafs suck maple leafs suck maple leafs suck maple leafs suck

Go Flyers !!! Go Flyers !!! Go Flyers !!! Go Flyers !!!

The draft order. Any Pittsburgh fans care to come out of the closet long enough to glot about winning the Crosby sweepstakes?

Draft Position Team
1 Pittsburgh
2 Anaheim
3 Carolina
4 Minnesota
5 Montreal
6 Columbus
7 Chicago
8 Atlanta
9 Ottawa
10 Vancouver
11 Los Angeles
12 San Jose
13 Buffalo
14 Washington
15 NY Islanders
16 NY Rangers
17 Phoenix
18 Nashville
19 Detroit
20 Philadelphia
21 Toronto
22 Boston
23 New Jersey
24 St. Louis
25 Edmonton
26 Calgary
27 Colorado
28 Dallas
29 Florida
30 Tampa Bay

The team that gets the first pick overall won't pick again until 60th overall. The team that gets the 30th pick, at the end of the first round, gets the first pick (31st overall) in the second round in a "snake" draft system.

pwilson said:

:( The bruins always suck anyway, so it's not like it'll be anything new. Boston sports fans have to be masochistic to a certain degree. It's in our blood.

Back