• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

Hockey...Back to Hockey...ICE HOCKEY !!!!!

I'm watchin' a show right now that's going over some of the changes.

When they go to commercial break, they show highlights of the last Flyers season... I remember watching those games...jumping up and down and screaming at the overtime game winning goals...the fights....the playoff goals that changed the series momentum....

I got goose bumps on a few of the highlights....

I can't freakin' believe we're gettin' HOCKEY BACK!!!!!

Yeah, just please don't anybody pinch me. I'm afraid I'm going to wake up and this will have all been a dream.

The Flyers new commercials are just a blank, orange screen...the noise of a packed stadium rises from silence as just under 20,000 rabid Flyers fans chant "Let's Go Flyers!" over and over...getting louder and louder....then at it's peak, the Flyers logo appears in the middle of the screen, and just under the logo a simple statement appears..."Back where we belong"....

It was just under 100F degrees outside yesterday and I got goose bumps when I first saw that commercial....

There's no place like home..there's no place like home...there's no place like home....

I haven't seen any comercials yet, but then I don't watch a lot of local networks. I would expect the Capitals to work hard to fill the seats in the MCI Center.

Motokid said:
Hockey...Back to Hockey...ICE HOCKEY !!!!!
My apologies if I rather hijacked the thread. However I had a couple of questions about North American sport that had been kicking around my head for a while and this seemed as good a place as any to ask.
Perhaps a friendly neighbourhood mod could split off my questions, and answers to them, and create a new thread called something like ‘Differences between North American & European sport’ or some such. I’d quite like to continue the discussion as I was finding it quite illuminating.

No problem Kenny....mods can either split the thread, or you can start a new one if you'd like...I don't mind the hijacking....just got excited again over a few silly commercials and an hour long show on the new changes to the game...

Motokid said:
just got excited again over a few silly commercials and an hour long show on the new changes to the game...
I know exactly what you mean Motokid. There have been Avs commercials airing where it starts out in slow motion with an aerial view of the whole arena and the crowd going crazy and then shows highlights with dramatic movie score-type chanting playing in the background. Aaahh! I know all about the chills, my friend :D

It's still summer time. I love summer time. I hate winter with a passion. The only thing that makes the dark, cold days of winter remotely liveable is watching ice-hockey and a cracklin' fire in the fireplace.

I don't want to wish summer away, and wish myself any older any faster...but at least now I don't look upon the winter months with such hatred....

when's the last time I said...maple leafs suck....maple leafe suck....

I love the winter! Give me snow, give me snow, give me snow!

Winter gives us something to laugh at when those idiots that believe their 4X4 can do anything, end up in the ditch.

Bestr of all, winter gives us hockey and gives our team another run at Lord Stanley's Cup.

GAME ON!!!!!!!

I gotta tell you, Motokid. I've been to a game in Phili (against the Rags), and the fans were first rate. I shot the bull with some flyers fans before the game, and during the game (in the nose bleed section). Better then the Caps fans I've met at the MCI Center. I think more people go to a game at the MCI Center to see the visiting team then the Capitals.

Kenny Shovel said:
My apologies if I rather hijacked the thread. However I had a couple of questions about North American sport that had been kicking around my head for a while and this seemed as good a place as any to ask.
Perhaps a friendly neighbourhood mod could split off my questions, and answers to them, and create a new thread called something like ‘Differences between North American & European sport’ or some such. I’d quite like to continue the discussion as I was finding it quite illuminating.

Motokid said:
No problem Kenny....mods can either split the thread, or you can start a new one if you'd like...I don't mind the hijacking....just got excited again over a few silly commercials and an hour long show on the new changes to the game...
Your wish is my command. Here's the new split thread.

Go Canucks!!!

THE RED WINGS COME TO THE MCI CENTER ON DEC 9TH!!!!!! MUST FIND OUT WHEN TICKETS GO ON SALE!!!!!

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Robert said:
Motokid, it looks like your boys are going down on Jan 12th in Detroit.

That won't matter until the Stanley Cup Finals...all I care about right now is Rangers, Devils, Maple Leafs, Islanders, and Peguins.....

but we'll see...

by the way...what kind of bandwagon jumper are you...you live in Virginia...grow some stones and route on the Caps, Hurricanes or the Predators (spelling?).... :p

Motokid said:
That won't matter until the Stanley Cup Finals...all I care about right now is Rangers, Devils, Maple Leafs, Islanders, and Peguins.....

but we'll see...

by the way...what kind of bandwagon jumper are you...you live in Virginia...grow some stones and route on the Caps, Hurricanes or the Predators (spelling?).... :p

Nice try, Motokid. I grew up in a Detroit suburb, so I'm legit.

What's left before the season starts:

- July 28: 5 p.m. EDT deadline for signing 2003 draft picks
- July 29: 5 p.m. EDT deadline for player buyouts.
- July 30: Noon - NHL entry draft in Ottawa.
- July 31: 5 p.m. EDT deadline to extend qualifying offers to own free agents.
- Aug. 1: Official free-agent signing season begins.
- Aug. 10: Players notify teams whether they've elected salary arbitration.
- Aug. 11: Clubs notify players whether they've elected to bring them to salary arbitration.
- Aug. 12: NHL and NHLPA schedule arbitration cases.
- Aug. 15: Qualifying offers expire automatically.
- Aug. 22-Sept. 1: Salary arbitration hearings.
- Oct 5: Drop the Puck!!!!!!!

Robert said:
Nice try, Motokid. I grew up in a Detroit suburb, so I'm legit.

yeah, but how long have you been living "away" from Detroit? For all I know, if Detroit was king suckety suck of the NHL, you'd be burning them for being the complete bums that they are.....

Which brings up a good question, if you are a fan of one particular team, especially if it's because that team is the "local" team...and then you move...do you carry your team allegance with you, and for how long, before changing to the teams in your new "local" area? Or do you ever change? Suppose you move as a child from say... the Detroit suburbs, and then live closer to Washington DC for the next 30 years?

Maybe I should ask this over in Kenny Shovel's new thread too? Like to know what the 'footballers" think...

Back