• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

What a strange twist of fate for Philly and The Flyers. Forsberg. Jesus Christ. Philly drafted Forsberg in his entry draft year, but the assholes, I mean power commanders traded him along with a number of other guys for Lindros. It's speculation as to how different the entire world of hockey would have been, and especially for a Flyers fan, had that trade never happened. There's no need to get into the Clarke/Lindros thing, but *shaking head* would Philly have hoisted the Cup instead of the Devils had Forsberg stayed with the black and orange.....

Now, Philly has him back...

I wonder who's head is on the chopping block as Philly is now over the cap.

I'll gladly lose Leclair for Forsberg, but I wonder who else will have to go?
Gagne did not light the world on fire last year? Kapanen (spelling)? Premeau (spelling)? JR?

It's going to be so much fun to watch this all play out over the next 8 months-ish until the playoffs begin....

The Flyers will probably work some trades. They only have 15 players under contract, and their payroll is already over $35 mil.

From my local newspaper:

The signing of Forsberg, a seven-time NHL All-Star and two-time Stanley Cup champion, puts the Flyers' 2005-06 payroll at $41,740,000, well above the $39 million threshold.

To make room under the cap, the Flyers will attempt to trade center Jeremy Roenick, who was in the final year of a contract worth $4.94 million. They also might try to deal center Michal Handzus, who would not fit into the Flyers' plans with the arrival of Forsberg.

Roenick said Wednesday night he expects to be traded to either the Los Angeles Kings or Phoenix.

The genesis of the Roenick-for-Forsberg salary swap goes back about two weeks when Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock and Clarke unsuccessfully tried to talk Roenick out of returning to Philadelphia.

Roenick told the Flyers he wanted to fulfill his 2001 promise of bringing a Stanley Cup to Philadelphia. But on Wednesday he told 610-WIP, "The Flyers have a better chance of winning the Stanley Cup with Peter Forsberg than with Jeremy Roenick."

Enjoy him guys. Do anything and everything you can to go see him live because there has never been another player like him. I feel sick. :(

Canucks re-signed Naslund. Yay!!

Didn't really think he and Forsberg could get packaged together, but would have been interesting.

Here you go, Motokid.

Flyers ship Roenick to Los Angeles

the Philadelphia Flyers have traded veteran centre Jeremy Roenick and a third round pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft to the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday in exchange for future considerations.

roenick_63908.jpg

Good-by, Jeremy.

I kinda hate to see JR go...love his enthusiasm and grit...

that being said...at least the Flyers are smart/lucky enough to trade/sell/whatever him to a west coast team....that way it can't bite them in the ass all year long....

Motokid said:
I kinda hate to see JR go...love his enthusiasm and grit...

that being said...at least the Flyers are smart/lucky enough to trade/sell/whatever him to a west coast team....that way it can't bite them in the ass all year long....

Dumping Roenick for Forsberg should work out fine unless Forsberg is injured again. It could be a problem when a player if fragile enough to be injured in the SEL.

Hopefully that season off has allowed all of Forsbergs nagging injuries to heal enough to bring Philly the Cup.....hopefully....

Robert said:
Dumping Roenick for Forsberg should work out fine unless Forsberg is injured again. It could be a problem when a player if fragile enough to be injured in the SEL.
I'm telling you, Forsberg for 60 games is worth every penny. He will bring an excitement to the arena unlike any other. Most of his "fragility" come from the way he plays the game. Belive me, you will not find a grittier, meaner player. Under the old system teams like LA and San Jose would tackle, mug and cheap shot him constantly, usually because he pissed them off so badly, which eventually took it's toll. I can only imagine what he will be like if the new rules are enforced. As far as his injury at MODO, from what I read it involved yet another cheap shot. Apparently the team sent out a goon who went straight after Foppa and hit him from behind. Moto, you're one lucky bastard.

It really doesn't matter to me. Detroit won't have to worry about him unless both teams make it to the SC finals; and since he's so fragile, it's unlikely that Forsberg will still be healthy if the Flyers make it that far.

Could be good news!!!

Report: NHL on verge of U.S. cable deal

Comcast has formally submitted a two-year bid in excess of $100 million US to televise NHL games beginning this fall, sources directly involved in the discussions told the Inquirer in Tuesday's edition.

The deal calls for Comcast to televise two games a week nationally. The cable giant plans to put the games on its on its Outdoor Life Network, which is also available in Canada.

sweet maybe comcast will play more out of town games than espn and espn2 did, btw, i loved it when espn2 first came out because they were huge on hockey, there was a game on every nite.

on a second note, anyone getting caught up in all the crosby hype coming out of pittsburgh??

on a third edmondton is gonna be really good this year, you heard it here first

and ecshe is gonna win the vezina this year

and as far as the last few posts about forsberg and the flyers, him just being on the team wether it be the hole season or not, is gonna be great and help the young guys the flyers are bringing up. forsberg is the type of player that changes an entire team just by wearing the jersey.

liktareadmore63 said:
and as far as the last few posts about forsberg and the flyers, him just being on the team wether it be the hole season or not, is gonna be great and help the young guys the flyers are bringing up. forsberg is the type of player that changes an entire team just by wearing the jersey.

I agree, however....I'm not as confident in your prediction on esche.

As a fan I've grown too accustomed to the Flyers goalie rotating door. How many goalies in the last decade? Can't even remember half of their names...hot one year....cold the next and traded....I'd love to see esche have a stellar year/career with the orange and black....I'm just not ready to start crowing about him until I see some consistancy over a longer period of time then just the better part of one season....don't forget Nitammaki (spelling?) is sitting in the wings too.

Motokid said:
I agree, however....I'm not as confident in your prediction on esche.

As a fan I've grown too accustomed to the Flyers goalie rotating door. How many goalies in the last decade? Can't even remember half of their names...hot one year....cold the next and traded....I'd love to see esche have a stellar year/career with the orange and black....I'm just not ready to start crowing about him until I see some consistancy over a longer period of time then just the better part of one season....don't forget Nitammaki (spelling?) is sitting in the wings too.

Oh quit your whining. Your netminder issues are nothing like the circus they’ve had in Detroit. Perhaps you would rather have Osgood between the pipes?

Robert said:
Oh quit your whining. Your netminder issues are nothing like the circus they’ve had in Detroit. Perhaps you would rather have Osgood between the pipes?

Considering what Detroit has had in the past....you deserve Osgood.
Doesn't Osgood have his name on the Cup?
Hasek? Where's that old man......???

Where's Cujo? Has he been traded, retired, dissappeared with concrete sneakers in Lake Michigan.....?????

Back