• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

Robert said:
It's a shame they have to get old. I think Detroit will go into mourning if Yzerman retires.
You're right. When Yzerman and Sakic are gone, hockey will have lost two of the all time class acts.

RaVeN said:
Maybe so. But he sure created a rivalry that's lasted through the present.

RaVeN

If you measure his success by the hatred of him in Detroit, then it becomes obvious that he did a great job.

pwilson said:
You're right. When Yzerman and Sakic are gone, hockey will have lost two of the all time class acts.

I have a lot of respect for Sakic. How old is he now?

pwilson said:
...which I hope is a sign that he's planning on being back with the Avs.

I hope so too. I think he's the most complete player in the game, period. Loosing Foote would be a blow, but Sakic's & company won't go deep into playoffs without him.

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
I hope so too. I think he's the most complete player in the game, period. Loosing Foote would be a blow, but Sakic's & company won't go deep into playoffs without him.

RaVeN
Couldn't agree more. I especially think keeping Forsberg becomes a priority with the rule changes. Can you imagine the AMP line with the new emphasis on open ice?

Robert said:
Do the Avs have any prospects expected to make the team this season?
The main one I can think of off the top of my head is Marek Svatos. He actually played some last year and looked really good but had a shoulder injury that knocked him out for the rest of the season. He seemed like he had a lot of scoring potential.

pwilson said:
The main one I can think of off the top of my head is Marek Svatos. He actually played some last year and looked really good but had a shoulder injury that knocked him out for the rest of the season. He seemed like he had a lot of scoring potential.

RW, huge scoring upside, injury problems. Any idea if he bulked up at all?

Robert said:
RW, huge scoring upside, injury problems. Any idea if he bulked up at all?
I'm not sure but I would have to think that after two consecutive seasons cut short by major shoulder injuries that bulking up would be a priority, you know? Another "prospect" within the system is Sauve, the backup goalie. While he was in Hershey there was a huge buzz around him and although he struggled two years ago he also had stretches where he looked really good. It'll be interesting to see if a year out of the league gave him some more time to mature.

pwilson said:
I'm not sure but I would have to think that after two consecutive seasons cut short by major shoulder injuries that bulking up would be a priority, you know? Another "prospect" within the system is Sauve, the backup goalie. While he was in Hershey there was a huge buzz around him and although he struggled two years ago he also had stretches where he looked really good. It'll be interesting to see if a year out of the league gave him some more time to mature.

It's going to be an interesting preseason.

RaVeN said:
Robert, what's the buzz on Datsyuk? Any word on if he's back, or staying in Russia?

RaVeN

He'll be back with Detroit, as will Zetterberg. It's just a matter of getting a contract in place.

Reading this thread for a week has been killing me. As a Flyers fan we have the current Calder Cup Champion Phantoms supporting the Flyers...I can't wait for everything to get started....where the hell are the east coast fans...I need some Bruins, Devils, Rangers, Sucky Maple Leafs banter....

Drop the Damn Puck!!!!!

Back