• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey

Ayan

i guess i'm a little late posting this... i sorta forgot to look at the intro board ^^;;... um, well hi!!

well, i guess that depends on how many people i meet with similar tastes to my own... thanks for the warm salutation

Please tell us what kind of books you like. I've picked up so many titles to add to my candidate list from this bunch of yay-hoos.

Hi Ayan:

Hope you will like it here.

Could you please tell me what do you mean by placing "Torture" as one of your interests in your public profile?

And to the book you read... My stepfather was born in Samarkand - his family fled there during the famine period in 1928 - 30...

i mostly read fantasy books... some scifi.... i'm heavily interested in magic and mythology, so most of my reading material revolves around that... i'm also vaguely interested in military proceedings as well....

as for the metion of "torture" in my interests, i research ancient torture methods in my spare time.... i have a slightly sadistic side, but don't worry, i'm not dangerous... usually....

Stewart said:
Magick, like those Crowley wrote about, or card tricks?
well... not magicks per say.... more like the ancient majicks of long ago.... but if i'm reading modern stuff, it's usually heavily satturated with supernatural workings...

Ayan said:
i mostly read fantasy books... some scifi.... i'm heavily interested in magic and mythology, so most of my reading material revolves around that... i'm also vaguely interested in military proceedings as well....

as for the metion of "torture" in my interests, i research ancient torture methods in my spare time.... i have a slightly sadistic side, but don't worry, i'm not dangerous... usually....

Hi Ayan

You sound like an older version of my daughter. I am reading Bartimaeus to her at the moment and, although she does not have an interest in torture, she is obsessed with the plague and keeps printing horrible pictures of people affected by pests, bubonic or other wise. I am thinking of making read Sartre or Defoe one of this days. That'll probably make her drop the subject.

i just find it interesting how effective the ancient methods are v.s. the more modern methods used today.... not to mention, the ancient methods last longer....

Ayan said:
i just find it interesting how effective the ancient methods are v.s. the more modern methods used today.... not to mention, the ancient methods last longer....

I see, I see...
And when you mention this, I remember my girlfriend of 20 years ago, who told me about the same things, and, as I imagine now, with exactly the same intonation...

Sergo said:
I see, I see...
And when you mention this, I remember my girlfriend of 20 years ago, who told me about the same things, and, as I imagine now, with exactly the same intonation...
i've never actually used any of them... i don't even own a decent knife....

Back