• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I just finished reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES YES YES Wabbit!!! Get the book, read the book, love the book!!!!! I read Blindness a couple of months ago, upon Martin's high recommendations. I highly recommend it to you.

Bountyhunter said:
Geez Gizmo! You didn't like The Codex? Was there any books by either Douglas Preston or Lincoln Child you did like besides Relic? :p
Sure. Relinquary, The Ice Limit and Mount Dragon are gorgeous! :D
The Codex is so predictable and the plot isn't really thrilling. The characters are missing depth and when you meet them first you know which one will save the whole thing. The author did write himself into some corners and in order to get out of there, some weird plot twist had to happen and I didn't like any of them. Furthermore Preston mentions one of the main characters reading Ice Ship, which is so pathetic. It's like a commercial in the middle of the book.

Cheers :D

Ah, I see Gizmo. Codex didn't look that great anyway. You don't like Pendergast very much, do you?

I find Reliquary to be the least enjoyable because the ending was spoiled for me....I guess thats why. :)

Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card

This book is sooooo good!!!
You read it and realise immediately that 99,9% of all the other books are crap.
I love the characters, the plot, the buggers, the school and the gorgeous ending! :D

I just finished The Taking by Dean Koontz and enjoyed it. It was the first time I picked up a book by him. I'm looking to read Intensity and Phantoms soon.

I finished Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer, Watership Down by RIchard Adams and Dream Country by Neil Gaiman. Yes, I did need the hankie by the end of Watership Down. Not depressing, just bittersweet. A really good book. I enjoyed all three.

Interesting to find out what you thought about Watership Down It's a good book. I think bittersweet is a better way to describe it than depressing :)

I even recommended it to my mother-in-law. I don't think she'll read it, though, she mostly sticks to Maeve Binchy, Nora Roberts and Jayne Ann Krentz type stuff.

Dragons of Winter Night - Weis & Hickman

It was great, can't wait to read Dragons of Spring Dawning it has been a great series so far.

Just finished two books: "Madame Bovary" and "A Quiet Life."

Madame Bovary was people by so many unattractive characters that I found myself just waiting for the inevitable tragic conclusion, which wasn't horribly tragic becase Mrs. Bovary was such an unpleasant heroine. Still the humor was good -- the character of the Chemist keeps things bouncing along.

Still, in the end, the child of Madame Bovary ends up being the real victim.

"A Quiet Life" on the other hand is wonderful! Written with telling details, simmering tensions, and such a feeling for time and place. The friend who recommended Beryl Bainbridge to me really knew what he was talking about.

Irene Wilde
(See, I do, on occasion, read books.)

I just finished reading "The Electric Michelangelo" by Sarah Hall.
It was an OK read, not as bad I thought it would be, but not that good either.

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

I didn't like it that much. The characters were pretty naughty and dumb and the end was hurried. Pride and Prejudice was better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back