• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Juno

I just saw this on dvd over the weekend. I liked it very much; not a "teen comedy", not preachy, deals with real situations with humor, the sentimental moments were not saccharin or overdone. 4/5

The commentary was interesting, I forwarded to the scenes I wanted to see again.

The funniest quote from the movie when the girl was at the adoptive mothers house and the adoptive mom says "You should go home, your mother will be worried about you" and the girl answers "I am allready pregnant, what other shinanigans can I get into"

i found this quote from the movie to be funny, only time i remember laughing in it

"Su-Chin: I'm having a little trouble concentrating.
Juno MacGuff: Oh well I could sell you some of my Adderall if you want.
Su-Chin: No thanks I'm off pills.
Juno MacGuff: That's a wise choice because I knew this girl who like had this crazy freak out because she took too many behavioral meds at once and she like ripped off her clothes, and dove into the fountain at Ridgedale Mall and was like, "Blah I am a Kracken from the sea!"
Su-Chin: I heard that was you.
Juno MacGuff: Well, it was good seeing ya Su-Chin.
"

However i stilll say hardcandy kicks its asssssss

Juno macguff VS hayley stark .......................

No competition..

X2 on HardCandy being bad ass...Initially I got the impression it was going to be a thriller where the guy (that looks like a sick perv) is going to torture the "poor little girl"...it was definitely a satisfying twist:D

I fell asleep through Juno and vaguely remember parts here and there and found it odd...so I put it on my Netflix Queue and will watch it again...:whistling:

I thought it was ok, not one of the best or movie of the year or anything like that. I don't really get what all the hype surrounding this movie was about.

I guess we have entered the world of quirky off beat ala Napoleon Dynamite characters with deadpan acting and singer songwriter soundtracks. Will movies ever be the same lol!

Hard Candy really does look interesting. The perverted horror type usually can draw me in, for whatever reason.

Juno on the other hand, was boring and way too relaxed. I am a teenager, and it was easy even for me to see that this would cause more teen pregnancies than it would prevent. My girlfriend told me that it made her want to have a baby, and I heard that somewhere in the U.S. some teen girls had made a sort of pact after the movie to all get pregnant. They did, and when some miscarried (bound to happen with statistics) the girls were devastated. They are too young to have such a devastating event happen to them, especially because of a stupid movie.

I also agree with the people who said that the attempted clever, unique writing completely backfired. I thought if anything the characters sounded denser because they used those dumb phrases that popular teens use when talking to their friends. Maybe that is what was trying to be portrayed to show how young these kids were.

I was wondering how the movie Juno was? What would you rate it?

I personally thought that Juno was a great film and i am very surprised to read that so many people did not enjoy it. Everyone I know who has watched it, has found it amusing and entertaining. I enjoyed the quirky dialogue and setting. Some of my favorite quotes from this movie are: "That ain't no etch-a-sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did home skillet.", "Find a person who loves you for exactly who you are. Good mood. Bad mood. Ugly. Pretty. Handsome. The right person is going to think the sun shines out of your ass. Thats the kind of person thats worth sticking with.", and "Third test today mama bear. Your eggo is preggo, no doubt about it."
I do understand that many people may disagree with the theme of the movie, since it is a comedy about a teen pregnancy; which is no laughing matter. Teen pregnancy is a difficult situation that many teens around the world must face. However, it is a good movie that is comical and shows the difficult situations many pregnant teens must deal with. In the movie, Juno must decide what she wants to do with the baby. She elects to put the baby up for adoption and ends up finding a married couple who can not have a baby of their own. On the outside, the family looks like a happy couple but as the movie plays on, you come to realize that they have many personal issues and that their marriage is falling apart. The movie is about Juno who must deal with difficult situations and problems that she is way too young to be apart of. Not only is she pregnant, but she most cope with a married mans unhappiness, finding her self and falling in love.
I thought that Ellen Page did a wonderful job and portrayed her character Juno wonderfully. Michael Cera was good as well. I found the movie funny and cute. I did not think it was predictable at all. Also, i believe that the music used throughout the movie fit with the dialogue and lingo throughout the film. Although i personally don't listen to that style of music, i enjoyed it while watching the movie. Overall, I give the movie :star4:because i thought it was creative and different from anything else I have seen.

I liked Juno. Ellen Page was great, and Micheal Cera as Paulie Bleeker was the cutest teenage boy ever. In history. :)

The dialogue was very, very overdone. But that's Diablo Cody for ya. See Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper. Overwriting is her schtick. She's really intelligent but she'll bend over backwards to make a "clever" pun. Whaddya gonna do?

I love love love Michael Cera.

As for saying the soundtrack was horrible... um.. hi, it's supposed to be like that. I rather enjoyed it.

I loved the movie overall.

I love the soundtrack. I bought it and listen to it all the time... At work because my girlfriend is on the "hate it" team, too. But anyone who doesn't think "Anyone Else But You" is the cutest song in the world is just dead inside.

;)

I like "Tree Hugger". I like the line in "Anyone Else But You" We sure are cute for two ugly people .

I love the soundtrack. I bought it and listen to it all the time... At work because my girlfriend is on the "hate it" team, too. But anyone who doesn't think "Anyone Else But You" is the cutest song in the world is just dead inside.

;)

Or maybe . . . *gasp* they just don't like the song. Just throwing it out there. I do think it's one of the few songs I really enjoyed in the film.

Poorly. Generally a pseudo-Wes Anderson approach to filming, a very boring, contrived script (which nevertheless managed to pull home an Oscar [how??]) and overrated acting.

I agree with the pseudo Wes Anderson theory, though his movies have a certain charm Juno failed to capture.

Back