• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

last/next concert ?

Last concert was Siouxsie Sioux earlier this year. Man, that woman still has it.

Next concert will either be a free gig by Pretty Balanced next month, if I can make it, or I'm going to wait till October to see Amanda Palmer solo. I may get to go to both though which would be nice.

I've seen 'em 4 times, on each of their headlining tours, and the light show on this one is jawdropping. I can't begin to imagine how much it cost to put this show on. Make sure you get seats where you can see the front of the stage, otherwise you might as well not go.

And at the other end of the musical spectrum....

last: Grays Harbor Bluegrass Festival (Small Town, Lee Highway & Cedar Hill plus one other but I'm drawin' a friggin' blank here)

next: Ralph Stanley in October.

I've seen 'em 4 times, on each of their headlining tours, and the light show on this one is jawdropping. I can't begin to imagine how much it cost to put this show on. Make sure you get seats where you can see the front of the stage, otherwise you might as well not go.
Paul's sister already got the tickets and she said they're not very good. :confused: At that 2005 show for With Teeth (the last one that I went to), we got seats at the side of the stage so we missed all the screen stuff! Ugh. When I went in '99 for Fragile, it was just fine. I could see everything, but it wasn't that exciting - afterall, it was a pretty mellow album.

Paul's sister already got the tickets and she said they're not very good. :confused: At that 2005 show for With Teeth (the last one that I went to), we got seats at the side of the stage so we missed all the screen stuff! Ugh. When I went in '99 for Fragile, it was just fine. I could see everything, but it wasn't that exciting - afterall, it was a pretty mellow album.
Well, there's always the dvd. :D

last was John Mayer.

Next... idk Something hardcore. I haven't seen Avenged Sevenfold in at least a year... maybe I'll catch their next local show...

Hoping to see The Vaselines on Saturday. Between them, The Breeders a few weeks ago and My Bloody Valentine this summer, I'm pretty much stuck in the past. It's nice here.

You know how almost every time you've been to a good concert you walk out going "Yeah, it was good, but I wish they'd played [insert long list of song titles]..."

Not so this time.

I went to see the Vaselines on Saturday. 19 years after they broke up after recording only 18 songs. Their entire discography adds up to less than an hour of music. An hour of great music - there's a reason they got their cult status, and there's more to them than just "Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam" and "Molly's Lips" (some band covered those) - but still, one hour. And they played pretty much exactly that. No mention of new tracks or a possibility of a new album at some point, just almost all the old songs (I guess they couldn't bear doing "Teenage Superstars" at 45 years of age) and some fairly dirty stage chatter. And yeah, they're a brilliant mix of lo-fi indie pop and punk, and Frances and Eugene seem to enjoy being on stage again, but sure: it's pure nostalgia. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Songs like "Sex Sux", "Son of a Gun", "Rory Rides Me Raw", "Oliver Twisted" and "Dying For It" are still great enough to deserve another airing, and the Vaselines are good enough to deserve a belated victory lap. :star3:

Last:
The Toadies last night! It was my second time seeing them. (The first time was in 1999 when they opened for Collective Soul - 10 years! Whoa.) It was a lot of fun in Austin, TX. It was at a venue I hadn't been to before (but a popular one). They sounded awesome.

Next:
Nine Inch Nails for the fourth time this upcoming Tuesday. I saw them less than a year ago and also in 2000 & 2005. I'm not as excited, but still definitely looking forward to it.

Back