• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

The Karate Kid - The first hour was basically a remake of the original then the last hour pretty much was totally different. I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the original and the soundtrack wasn't there either. 7/10

The Girl Who Played with Fire

That is #1 in my instant queue. Will watch it soon (this week). Surprised to see that you gave it 3 stars.
NM, totally understand now. I just finished watching it. It was great, but not nearly as good as the first. I got a little tired half way through, but it was definitely awesome, so I stuck with it.

I look forward for the third and even the American remake.

robin-hood-2010-poster-eua.jpg

Hmm, it was tolerable. I would have preferred Ridley Scott's original idea of telling the story from the Sheriff's perspective. This version was more by-the-numbers.

Predators - Adrien Brody as the lead was just a terrible idea and overall the movie sucks too. It wasn't intense like the original and Topher Grace is a terrible actor. :star2:

Johan Hex - No plot whatsoever and Megan Fox wasn't in it much. :star2:

robin-hood-2010-poster-eua.jpg

Hmm, it was tolerable. I would have preferred Ridley Scott's original idea of telling the story from the Sheriff's perspective. This version was more by-the-numbers.

I loved it,action,adventure,love story and some history.I have read The Greatest Knight,which is a historical novel on William Marsiall and I liked the connection of history it had.

Cate Blanchett always amazing.

Jonah Hex :star1:
Just when you think it's safe to watch a comic book movie... This one was worse than Ghost Rider.

Speaking of Nicholas Cage...
Kick Ass :star2:
Nothing special.

Jonah Hex :star1:
Just when you think it's safe to watch a comic book movie... This one was worse than Ghost Rider.

Speaking of Nicholas Cage...
Kick Ass :star2:
Nothing special.

Johan Hex was awful.

I believe you are the first person that didn't like Kick Ass. I haven't seen it but heard Nick Cage was a pleasant surprise in it.

Nicholas Cage was actually the bright spot in that movie. It wasn't horrible, it just didn't really seem too inventive. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind for it + a lot of people had hyped it up to me. Thats a sure way to ruin a good movie.

Four Lions. Very dark UK comedy about four friends who have a dream... to become proper jihadists and die for the cause. If they could only agree on exactly what the cause is, and just how their (and others') deaths are supposed to serve it. Somehow manages to portray wannabe suicide bombers as both sympathetic and utterly foolish, and ends up both hilarious and oddly heartbreaking. :star4:

Nightmare on Elm Street (2010). You know, as remakes go, it's not bad at all. Sure it suffers from every single alleged high school student looking about 25, and Jackie Earle Haley under tons of CGI-enhanced makeup isn't quite the Freddie Kruger that Robert Englund was, but it does a lot of things right (such as acknowledging just how dark the backstory is), has some really nice effects shots that don't go overboard, and Rooney Mara is a better actress than the script really demands. I'm going to go with a weak :star3:.

Radioactive Dreams (1985). How on earth was I not aware of this before? A post-apocalyptic noir drama, set 15 years after WWIII, in which two young men named Philip and Marlowe, who have grown up in a bomb shelter with nothing but old pulp novels to teach them about the world, stumble into a Bladerunner-on-80s-kitsch plot with survivors vs mutants fighting over the last nuke... It stars the leads from Christine and American Ninja, it's barely directed at all, it occasionally breaks plot just to become a 5-minute rock video for the director's friends, has some of the worst designs I've ever seen, and ends with a dance number. Glorious. :star2:

Boy Eats Girl (2005). Irish romzomcom, anyone? High school kid (again, most of them are played by actors in their late 20s) has his heart broken and decides to end it all. His mother finds him and uses a zombie ritual to revive him, and suddenly the whole school is affected by an outbreak of flesh-eating. Right before the big dance, too. Extremely cheesy and lightweight, but knows it and mostly plays it well for laughs, leading up to a reasonably gory finale. Plus, Samantha Mumba is cute. :star2: +.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps ~ set during the 08 bubble, there seemed to be a lot more that could've been explored in this one, still it's probably the best movie Stone has made in close to 20 years. :star3:

wall-street-money-never-sleeps-movie-poster-1.jpg

Nightmare on Elm Street (2010). You know, as remakes go, it's not bad at all. Sure it suffers from every single alleged high school student looking about 25, and Jackie Earle Haley under tons of CGI-enhanced makeup isn't quite the Freddie Kruger that Robert Englund was, but it does a lot of things right (such as acknowledging just how dark the backstory is), has some really nice effects shots that don't go overboard, and Rooney Mara is a better actress than the script really demands. I'm going to go with a weak .
I'd give it :star2:, it looked great though.

Chloe - starring Julianne Moore, Amanda Seyfried, and Liam Neeson.

This was a by-the-book erotic thriller. Nothing particularly amazing or surprising. Incredibly predictable. But I love Julianne Moore and seeing her & Seyfried together was very sexy. :star3:

Back