• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

I haven't been to the movie theatre in ages! I used to go all the time, but for some reason lately I've become a slacker. The last movie I saw was 'Crash.' Loved it - very much reminded me of Traffic and Magnolia.

The last movie I saw at home was this weekend. Last night a friend and I watched 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch,' (one of my all-time favorites!) and tonight TCM was showing 'Arsenic and Old Lace,' a definite classic!

I saw The Day After Tomorrow on Sky last night. It's not too bad - I really liked the weather sfx, especially with the tornadoes. They had a few wolves that looked wholly unrealistic, however, so luckily they didn't play a major part.

I watched The Interpreter with Nicole Kidman And Sean Penn.

Thought it was really good and the acting was brilliant!

A really good action thriller :)

:eek: I thought it was a great movie. Well, at least when I saw it the first time at the cinema. I saw it a second time on DVD recently. Although I still like the film I didn't like it nearly so much as I did upon first viewing. I loved the style used for the movie. It just blew me away. I also thought it was very brave for the company to make a black and white movie in this day and age.

Saw Serenity on Sunday. It was pretty good but nothing special. Maybe I was expecting too much. The movie has been hyped so much.

Saw "School of Rock" on DVD this weekend.

I thought it was predictable and shallow, but some great music, and I love Jack Black.

three stars, mainly for the music.

My daughter and wife liked it.

Broken Flowers - It was funny but i felt if someone else played Bill Murrays character it would have made the film better. It felt more like scenes strung together than a cohesive narrative. The ending annoyed me no end! Bill Murray has to act different in his next movie, the dead pan thing has been overdone and wasnt suited to the role but still enough laughs to keep me entertained.

Howl's Moving Castle - It was a lovely and captivating story but the animation didn't seem on par with Spirited Away.

Lord of War - It had the most enjoyable opening of a movie i've seen in years( the bullet <3) and the first half was funny and well paced but the second half kinda slowed down too much and started to become sanctimonious.

Nightwatch - Eh,special effects were dated and the story just felt as if it was building up to something bigger which never arrives(turns out its one of three movies so it explains it i guess)

Serenity - It doesnt deserve its high ranking on imdb but the movie was still positively wonderful in every respect. I <3'd the characters along with the humour which was top notch. The only draw back is if you're not a fan you cannot appreciate fully the characters(which i was not first time around viewing it)

Corpse Bride - The first half was top notch but the second part was just too song ridden but i still enjoyed it

Wallace and Gromit: The curse of the wererabbit - brillant,the characters looked beautiful but flawed at the same time. Gromit was so funny oh that poor dog i do feel for him. I don't wanna say anymore incase i ruin it for someone but see!

I went and saw Doom last night. Not overly amazing, but it still held my attention. The Rock is not too bad at acting for it being a second career for him. There was one quite good part in the movie, where it is filmed like a first-person shooter (like the game).

Last night I took out my old VHS tape of A ROOM WITH A VIEW. What a wonderful film. My favorite scene is of the stolen kiss on the hillside. Can you get any more f*uckin romantic than that?

Saw Hotel Rwanda last night. Amazing film with a powerful story and some big time performances. Don Cheadle was incredible. Even Nick Nolte was good in it.

DVD: The Nightmare Before Christmas. Wonderful! Even more so than when I first saw it.

Cinema: Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. I loved it!!! What can I say, Tim Burton is a genius.

i saw some of Girl, Interrupted today. its an awesome movie.. unfortunatly i have too much work to do today so i'll watch it when i catch it on TV another time

*SPOILERS*

Saw 2 -The original while its production values were shot to hell it still held an ounce of charm by its use of suspense and tension building as well for me anyhow the unexpected climax. On the other hand this sequel retained the terrible terrible acting but added in even worse dialogue than the original. It’s a shame for this could have been far superior to the original movie (group of people trapped in a confined space is always great panic, claustrophobic, paranoid antics amongst the characters, while cliche would have done me fine) but failed on so many counts. The editing was dire the main annoyance being that flash bang memory usage which just served to give me a headache and other small things (syringe visible for no reason as they are followed down the trap door) I laughed and not in the oh so knowing comedy aspect of horror movies just because it was so poor. There were too many characters in the movie there by lacking any genuine development/caring for them. It just continuously increased the action for no reason and screw all decent pay off, the only thing I can say positive about the movie is that the actress who takes on the bad guys role is an utter hottie (formerly of Becker, one of the few well endowed women I’ve had an instant attraction between those breasts, hair and slightly bewildered look umpf)

I did however expect the number idea to be the fathers badge number that connects each character rather than simply being on the back of their head. It was a truly wasted movie.

Downfall - i watched this in the cinema and it was exhausting but extremely well done and interesting film. I rented it out on dvd and i love it more but again it's just a tad too much

Sky High - It had a certain cuteness to it but the whole movie is a one trick joke (highschool jokes through superheroes oh yay!) and gets boring after about 20 mins.I left towards the end of the film.

Thumbsucker - i cannot be objective about this because i'm tired of american indie movies, i did not feel for the main character and found him to be a whiney lil kid tbh. It had it's amusing moments but for indie comic type films go see broken flowers.

Back