• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Did you like Max Payne? It had good visuals but the story was so underwritten. I wasn't exactly relieved when I found out it was more of a generic shoot-em-up thriller than a fantasy/horror film.

Did you like Max Payne? It had good visuals but the story was so underwritten. I wasn't exactly relieved when I found out it was more of a generic shoot-em-up thriller than a fantasy/horror film.

I did like it,but I agree with the generic shoot-em-up comment.Beau Bridges I did not like at all and his acting was weak and gave away his participation early on.

The curious case of Benjamin Button
Manchurian Candidate
Roman Holiday

Non-committal about the first, liked the second and third

Finally got around to watching the Dark Knight. I've always been a comic fan and Batman in particular but I went into it expecting it to be really good but was left disappointed compared to Batman Begins which had the fanboy pulse racing.

Far too long IMHO (was there really a need to bring scarecrow back?) and a tad too far on the dark side. The plot was ambitious (perhaps overly so) and yes Ledger stole every scene but you need moments of light in a tv show/film to make the darkness have an impact. This felt too much like recent battlestar galactica. Yes it was directed well and the film has its moments but it's too nihilistic for me (yes you could argue this is where Batman by his nature was meant to go but there was too much batman and not enough Bruce Wayne).

Back