• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Laugh Out Loud Funny

Tales of the Thunderbolt Kid - Bill Bryson. I did this one on audio and almost crashed my Jeep I was laughing so hard.

The Company by Max Barry, absolutely loved it. I would also have to recommend A Confederacy of Dunces. Oh the memories.:D

Tales of the Thunderbolt Kid - Bill Bryson. I did this one on audio and almost crashed my Jeep I was laughing so hard.

Edit - :whistling: The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid.

The ability to edit is sometimes necessary for folks like me that post late at night after a drink or two.;)

Sophie Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess, and also her shopaholic series.

Marley and Me by John Grogan, made me laugh out loud too, but also had the opposite effect.

If You could see me now by Cecelia Ahern.

Definately the Stephanie Plum books... between Lula and Grandma Mazur, laughs are guaranteed.

I love Bill Bryson, but he's even funnier on audio.

I was gonna suggest Stephanie Plum....Lula is my favorite!
I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett

The aforementioned Catch-22...

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. And The Master and Margarita by Bulgakov.

Hitchhikers Guide (as lots of people have mentioned) was very funny. I laughed out loud throught the first Terry Pratchett book I read - Going Postal.

Lots of Bill Bryson
Secret Diary of Adrian Mole/ Growing Pains of Adrian Mole
Letters from a Nut/More Letters from a Nut - Ted L Nancy
Vernon God Little - DBC Pierre
Talking Heads - Alan Bennett
Plays of Joe Orton
Lots of chick-lit.

I read a book by Tim Allen during some time in High School. He talked about his life. I thought it was funny at the time.
2.gif

Top 10 Funniest Books According to AbeBooks.co.uk Customers
Right Ho, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse (1933)
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (1961)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (1979)
Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome (1889)
Wilt by Tom Sharpe (1976)
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (1980)
Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis
The Code of the Woosters by P.G. Wodehouse (1938)
Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding (1996)
Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall by Spike Milligan (1971)

linky

Many a good read that's quite hilarious has been mentioned here ( especially Toole) but I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned Spider Robinson , try Time Travelers Strictly Cash and Callahans Crosstime Saloon , especially if you're a fan of puns.

B.

Any Bill Bryson book, but especially A Walk in the Woods. Riotously funny! Bryson's hiking buddy, Katz is a hoot.

Anything by Kurt Vonnegut when it's not horribly depressing, hitchhiker's guide (and some of Douglass Adam's other works), sometimes Neal Stephenson books and the Marble Fawn by Nathaniel Hawthorne because he keeps saying ejaculated instead of said. But I mean he did grow up protestant in the 1800's in Boston... he was just too innocent. Oh and also Catch-22, freaken hilarious.

Back