• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Laugh Out Loud Funny

Please don't think I am a sicko because I know the book had very tragic aspects and it is a superb novel but Angela's Ashes made me lol many, many times-what a sense of humor

Ok, this was just one section in a book not yet released, but it had to do with a guy home from Vietnam, anxious to be with his wife, satin sheets, and silk pajamas. I almost choked on my coffee at that one.

I notice Kinky Friedman got a mention, all of his stuff is incredibly funny. He's probably the only Jewish country music singer mystery writer ever.

And anything by David Sedaris.

Haven't read Dave Barry's Big Trouble but the movie is the funniest I've seen in a long time. Good thing I watched it at home, as I had to keep pausing it b/c I was laughing so hard.

e by Matt Beaumont. A book written via the emails between staff in an advertising agency.

I have a few Pratchett books but I can never get into them; the joke about the turtle orgy at the start of The Light Fantastic made me laugh but as I progressed further through the book it didn't capture me the way I wanted to be captured and it subsequently lost me as a reader. As did Pratchett.

Mile-O, I never got into The Light Fantastic - thankfully, I got into some of his later books, but TLF just isn't that amusing.

I just thought if I was going to read a series then it would be best to start at the start. Actually, am I thinking of The Colour of Magic - I can't remember the order anymore. :confused:

Yes, The Colour of Magic is the first one, but I agree, it isn't one of the best. They get much better as they go on! In fact, the first two are my least favourites! I do enjoy the City Watch books best (eg Men at Arms, Feet of Clay), followed by the ones with Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg - hilarious interplay between these characters! :)

he died with a felafel in his hand by John Birmingham

A short book that was made into a movie (crap) about a guy living in shared accomodation in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, plus lots of anecdotes from friends about their expieriences. All true , although slightly embellished I am sure.

If you have every shared a house / flat with unknown people get this book.

I read it in a couple of hours and laughed out loud more times than any other book.amazons page

I have finally got around to re-reading all the discworld books.
I do agree that TCOM is not the best, but I'm only 30 pages into it and I have already found myself laughing out loud at least 5 times.

I recently read "Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents" by Prachett and I couldn't stop laughing... it's a "kid's book", but as I find with many books that publishers list in their kid's section...it's a great read for anyone! :D

Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome - perhaps because the Welsh in me enjoys this type of humor.

'The Good Soldier Svejk', 'Catch-22', 'The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy', 'The Master and Margarita', 'Three Men In A Boat', 'Politically Correct Bed-Time Stories', 'Don Quixote', 'The Tin Drum'. All very funny books.

Definitely Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. I love this book and couldn't read a single page without laughing out loud. My sister found that so funny to watch that she bought the book, too. Now we're both Moore addicts :p

*whispers* It's a joke ;)

It's ok, you will get used to my wacky sense of humour ( of lack of it lol ) :D

I'll be going now... :eek:

I really, really loved "Must Love Dogs" by Claire Cook. One part made me laugh so hard that my husband came in the room to ask if I was okay. It's a cutesy book, for those of you who might like a light read every once in a while. :)

I laughed out loud so many times reading Moby Dick... I dunno, there must be something wrong with me :(

buddi

buddi said:
I laughed out loud so many times reading Moby Dick... I dunno, there must be something wrong with me :(

buddi

I had a similar reaction. It's just so . . . something.

Back