• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lost: Season 2

I guess I was wrong. The people who caught them
were from the back of the plane. I wonder what happened to all of them to make them drop in numbers so fast. Perhaps next week will mark the return of the polar bear?

Maybe they got the virus that the guy who was living in the hatch was talking about. Remember how he kept asking Jack if any of them were sick?

For some reason, the next new episode doesn't air until November 9th. Aint-it-cool-news is reporting that the character of
Shannon
will be the one to die.

Well, that person hasn't done anything this season - probably for the best. Would like Jack to croak it, though; he's just a pain in the ass.

I pulled this off of another message board. It's an interesting theory.
There's a controversy going on over at the IMDb boards by a user named lost_explained (I'm not sure if he/she is a member anymore or not) who claims to know all of the answers to Lost, and was willing to answer any and every question. Not only did this person not contradict...themselves (we'll just call him a 'he') he also claimed he was a writer for ABC who was undergoing a lawsuit which "wasn't going to stop him from giving out the secrets"." He also claimed to be "mad" at the show, ABC, or it's other writers.

He was a user on the ABC board who got kicked off and a day later showed up at IMDB. However, shortly before he got booted, his posts became incoherrent and took on an "I'm just kidding" jive before he showed up on IMDB, where he claimed "my account was hacked, I'll answer any questions here."

What the man had to say next is jaw-dropping. I can't call his bluff. Not only is his story very well rounded, fleshed out, and...brilliant, if he "isn't" a writer, I'd want to know who this guy is and hire the fucker, if you ask me.

***Whether you wish to read is up to you. Again, this "theory" may or may not be true. It could very well be, as it happens to make *too* much sense, and it's all quite obvious. It's an intriguing read, none the less, so for those of you tired of waiting, read ahead. if you don't like spoliers, stop now.***

I am able to call a bluff when I see one, but this is one of the most intriguing reads I've read in quite a while. At the end, I will post my thoughts and explain why or why not his theory does or doesn't work.

__________________________________________________ ________

*ENTIRE SERIES SPOILER WARNING*

I will copy and paste and write a few filler comments in highlighting the most important aspects of what the guy said. Here goes:

Shannon dies in the next episode. She dies because she has the disease. More importantly, she dies at the hands of the French woman, who knows she has the disease. The black smoke as seen in the Exodus episode is the disease itself. It is an experiment left over after the "Incident" took place, which was undergoing study due to it's capability of entering the mind and driving it's victims mad. Supposedly, it takes the form of anything it passes through, including it's ability to take the form of people.

I know, I know. But listen to this.

Rousseau has *always* identified the others as *the black smoke*. When she takes the baby away from Claire, she takes it to *the black smoke*.

When Locke is dragged into the ground in The Exodus Episode, what was wrapped around his ankle was *the black smoke* in the form of a cranking chain, wheeling him in.

What "The Others" actually do is enter your body and mind in the form of smoke, twist your visions and your dreams, playing on memories and emotions. This sends you crazy causing you to see and hear things. It effects people in different ways. Some die, others don't.

Do you remember when Jack saw his father? Or when anyone hears whispering? Well some survivors are already infected, but Shannon's conditon worsens. Danielle follows Shannon into the jungle and kills her, as she did to her crew. We will come to find out Danielle has not been there for 16 years, and that the Dharma tape was *not* made in 1980.

"The Others" are in a suspended belief mode that makes them think a "special child" will save them. Talk of a special child will be found in a second Dharma tape to be found towards the end of the season. Also, the monster is a security system, as are the sharks in the water, and other things. Tehre is an underwater facility as well that the group will find.

Jack's father has become part of the others. Walt is as well. Michael will never get Walt back. Ethan Rom is also one of the others.

You know Ethan Rom spells "Other Man?" Of course.

Ethan Rom was the "other man" in the hatch with Kelvin. He left, and when Kelvin went searching, *drum roll* he found Desmond.

What happens when they don't push the button? The security system that holds the others in leaves the island. There is a radius around the island which allows the others to go only so far; that is why the boat they were in was a small boat that can only be launched from a small island.

This explains the plane being pulled in. The nanotechnological aspect of the disease created a disturbance that gave the plane a "cushioned" landing. Thus the magnetic field. Thus the compass being off in the earlier Season One episode when they were tracking through the jungle.

On the other side of the island, the tail end survivors were told by "The Others" they needed to take the children, since they are under the impression that a child will come to save them. Libby, (you know, the one who has a secret) went through much with the tail end survivors, where The Others killed everyone excpet four or five of them, because Libby took the children to The Other's in the middle of the night, to "sacrifice" them.

That is why in episode 4 or 5, I believe, you see "The Others," and you'll note one of them is holding a teddy bear...

The Others consist of former scientists, children, Jack's father, possibly Ethan, Alex (French woman's *daughter*) and other's "trapped" in this plague ridden technology which is new and unknown of.

Dharma was only stationed on the island. Why haven't they sent replacements for Kelvin or Desmond? Now you know why. Dharma is nada, no more.

Regarding Locke; He was never physically disabled, as will be revealed. He had a "mental" block which was overcome when the necessity of helping others on the beach crash overwhelmed him. The only reason the man can walk, and feel no pain in his legs? Ta-da. It only strengthens his belief that he's there for a reason, when in fact, he really isn't. He also feels responsible for the death of Helen, who will die in an accident, who he would further name a phone sex operator after. He takes a liking to Claire because *she* shares the same mental block - her inability to remember things. This causes Charlie to get angry, relapsing into his drug problem.

Desmond will come back becuase he will realize he needs the rest of his "anti-dote." He ran off to his yacht, or what remains of it. That is where he went.

Who's the real Sawyer? Obviously, the man has never been found. How do you wrap thsi plot point on an island? it's quite obvious. Someone on the island is the real Sawyer? Have an idea who it is?

Lost_explained says it's - Bernard.

Hurley was institutionalized due to a breakdown with weight problems. There he meets Lawrence. The numbers are used to identify the location of the number. The reason two people were to remain there pressing the button was to insure that people there were still alive and that the bunker hadn't been "compromised." To insure a human was there pressing it.

By this point, I'm sure we all know what "The Incident" was. The fact that the nanotechnology/disease/others being the same gives the writers much creative leway into taking the show any direction they wish.

Kate's crime. She killed either he husband or her mother's husband out of self defense. That's why her mother called "help" when kate went to see her, resulting in the crash that killed her friend.

The man kate stayed with, "Marvin Candle," the guy at the farm? WHy did he have a fake arm? Well...let's just say he was on the island, and has something to do with the "Incident."

Sun's father? What does he do, you ask? He owns Dharma. He just doesn't know it. Yet. Oh yeah, this will come to haunt Jin.

There is an equal number of black and white stones per episode, symbolizing "of science, of faith." Hmm...

Also, the "Adam and Eve" they find are known as the "Degroots." Supposedly, their are two survivors of the Nigerian plane crash they find in the jungle, both male, one who takes a strange liking to a female charachter on the island.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0411008/board/nest/28586768

The only thing this guy can't explain is the flashbakcs and how they are all connected. The creaters of the show even said "in Lost, there are no coincidences." Hmmm.

Lost_Explained says this will all be answered in the "Other 48 Days" episode premiering the week after next. It will be interesting to see if his theory holds up.

A reputable source has claimed to have already seen the episode in which *one female cast member kills another.* At the end of this episode, you will see how truly *evil this female cast member is for doing this*.

Interesting.

Here's the link with *all* the info.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0411008/board/nest/28586768

This sounds dumb. I'd rather just keep watching than know what is going to happen down the road. The "spoilers" above doesn't make me want to keep watching if that's what it really is all about.

Shannon dies in the next episode. She dies because she has the disease. More importantly, she dies at the hands of the French woman, who knows she has the disease.

Well, despite Shannon being shot, it discredits that whole argument. ;)

Theory about Shannon's wound from another forum:
Now, the wound. When we first see Shannon after the gunshot, she stumbles from behind the bushes and we clearly see that her back is not bloody or wounded at all. There is no entrance or exit wound on her back. There is only a large gash in her stomach area.

So was she shot by Ana or stabbed by someone else? The Others have spears and knives right?

lenny nero said:
So was she shot by Ana or stabbed by someone else? The Others have spears and knives right?

After watching that bit over and over this morning, I don't think Ana has shot Shannon. I'm of the persuasion that the end scene is two different incidents edited to look like one (i.e. someone has stabbed Shannon and Ana has shot someone, Walt, perhaps, based on Michael's face when he saw what had happened).

Stewart said:
After watching that bit over and over this morning, I don't think Ana has shot Shannon. I'm of the persuasion that the end scene is two different incidents edited to look like one (i.e. someone has stabbed Shannon and Ana has shot someone, Walt, perhaps, based on Michael's face when he saw what had happened).

Micheal might have liked Shannon, at least she was part of his group and he could have been devastated when he saw what happened to her. I think Ana shot Shannon thinking she was one of The Others. Be interesting to see how Ana fits in with the original group-she's been the Alpha Female for so long she might not want to give up her position. I wanna see how she and Kate hit it off (or hit each other)!

After seeing The Other 48 Days I still think it's a good bit of editing and that Ana has not shot Shannon.

Stewart said:
After seeing The Other 48 Days I still think it's a good bit of editing and that Ana has not shot Shannon.
I thought that too, until I took another look at the ending. In the shot where Sayid is holding Shannon just after she has been shot, you can clearly see a person in the right half of the screen. This person looks a lot like Ana, is holding a gun, and has something that looks like the stick that she carries around, strapped to her waist.

I have the screenshot here

Yeah, but you're only seeing an arm and, as is the way with the show, you are only seeing what they want you to see. I'm not ruling out it being Danielle.

Stewart said:
Yeah, but you're only seeing an arm and, as is the way with the show, you are only seeing what they want you to see. I'm not ruling out it being Danielle.
It could be Danielle, although that stick coming from her waist looks an awful lot like the one that Ana carries. And you can't see it too well in the screenshot, but it looks a lot like ther person is wearing a waistcoat. Plus, I heard that in the preview for next week's show Ana and Sayid fight it out (I havn't seen the preview myself).

Back