• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lost: Season 2

I've found out once and for all if Ana did shoot Shannon or not:

The writers have confirmed that Ana shot Shannon. Plus, if you look on next week's preview, Ana says "I killed someone he loves".

MonkeyCatcher said:
I've found out once and for all if Ana did shoot Shannon or not:

The writers have confirmed that Ana shot Shannon. Plus, if you look on next week's preview, Ana says "I killed someone he loves".

Actually, the confirmation wasn't worded that way.

It was worded
Ana is responsible for Shannon's death. It doesn't say she shoots her.

The someone who Sayid loves will, most likely, be Nadia. Ana's background is believed to be CIA and the CIA were involved with holding Nadia, if you remember from Season 1.

Stewart said:
Actually, the confirmation wasn't worded that way.

It was worded
Ana is responsible for Shannon's death. It doesn't say she shoots her.

The someone who Sayid loves will, most likely, be Nadia. Ana's background is believed to be CIA and the CIA were involved with holding Nadia, if you remember from Season 1.
Ah, right. But how could
she be responsible but not shoot her?

Well, that settles it-Ana-Lucia is NOT in the CIA. I'm not paying any more attention to these "rumors" since none of them have panned out. :mad:
I do wonder why Jack was so affected when he heard Ana-Lucia was out there and about the expression on his face when he saw her. Maybe he's realizing that he's been meeting a lot of people on the island he met by chance back home and in airports? That would freak me out too.

Another solid episode with a minimum of flashback. Anybody else notice how muscular Kate's upper arms were? Being stranded on an island must really help your upper arm definition. I think Kate could probably take Ana Lucia now. So was Ana on the run in Australia from shooting that guy? Looks like next week's episode is Kate-centric.

Another good episode, but not great. Ana is my least favourite character, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I usually do. Her flashbacks still don't explain her nasty, selfish behaviour, IMHO. What do you guys think of Ana Lucia?

MonkeyCatcher said:
Her flashbacks still don't explain her nasty, selfish behaviour

Probably because you've only seen one period of flashbacks which came after four months of counselling and the death of her child and the guy who shot her. Later episode(s) will, no doubt, go further back into her life to show the defining moment from cop to raging psycho killing cop.

For those not in the UK and that haven't seen it. This was the promotional video for Lost in the UK prior to the airing of the first season.

Later episode(s) will, no doubt, go further back into her life to show the defining moment from cop to raging psycho killing cop.
That's all we need, more damn flashbacks. Ugh, I'm sick of them.
What do you guys think of Ana Lucia?
Michelle Rodriguez pretty much plays this same role in every movie she's been in, the angry, tough female. I was kinda shocked to see her cry. I think it will be interesting to see how she fits in with the rest of them. I'm sure Sawyer will be looking for payback when he heals.

I'm not sure how much of the angry, scowling Ana-Lucia I can take. I enjoyed watching Jack and Kate playing golf, that shows that even in an extreme situation people find sources of pleasure. I bet Ana-Lucia would lobby to make a weapon out of the golf club before she'd play. I know, I know, The Others are a threat, but gimme a break-if everyone was wrapped as tight as Ana-Lucia, they'd be killing each other faster than The Others can abduct them.

I'm thinking The Others are a group made up of the people from the same ship who that woman, whatshername, the one who held Sayid captive, thought were dead.

Miss Shelf said:
I'm thinking The Others are a group made up of the people from the same ship who that woman, whatshername, the one who held Sayid captive, thought were dead.

I'm going the other way on this. Dharma had six branches of research as mentioned in the Orientation episode: electromagnetism (current hatch), zoology, parapsychology, utupia, etc.

We've seen hints of the zoology (i.e. the polar bears in the film and on the island), hints at parapsychology (i.e. whispers in the forest, a wet Walt appearing and speaking backwards), and it's likely, in my opinion, that the Others are remnants of an attempt at creating a utopian society. The notion of people being quarantined from the island would suggest that it was required they should not be influences by the external island and should become sufficient but, as we know from Dr Candle's speech, something went wrong.

Also, the blonde girl and the guy with the beard in the Orientation reel bear a bit of a resemblance to the bearded man and the blonde woman, slightly in shadow, who took Walt from the boat aged about twenty years. Given that Walt has infiltrated the visions of others (Shannon saw him, he appeared on the milk carton in Hurley's dream, etc.) there is an element of parapsychology going on there. It should explain why they wanted him.

Maybe, in the upcoming weeks, we'll also get to find out how Bernard ended up strapped into a seat up a tree since Rose said he had gone to the toilet.

I hadn't thought of that, that there might be other people from Dharma there. This is kind of turning into something like "The Island of Dr. Moreau".

If Bernard had gone to the toilet, probably he sat in the first empty seat he could find when the plane hit turbulence.

Stewart said:
I'm going the other way on this. Dharma had six branches of research as mentioned in the Orientation episode: electromagnetism (current hatch), zoology, parapsychology, utupia, etc.

We've seen hints of the zoology (i.e. the polar bears in the film and on the island), hints at parapsychology (i.e. whispers in the forest, a wet Walt appearing and speaking backwards), and it's likely, in my opinion, that the Others are remnants of an attempt at creating a utopian society. The notion of people being quarantined from the island would suggest that it was required they should not be influences by the external island and should become sufficient but, as we know from Dr Candle's speech, something went wrong.

Also, the blonde girl and the guy with the beard in the Orientation reel bear a bit of a resemblance to the bearded man and the blonde woman, slightly in shadow, who took Walt from the boat aged about twenty years. Given that Walt has infiltrated the visions of others (Shannon saw him, he appeared on the milk carton in Hurley's dream, etc.) there is an element of parapsychology going on there. It should explain why they wanted him.
This is exactly what I think is going on with the Others, although I think that Walt is dead. When he talks backwards one time he says
something like "The Others are coming, and they're close." The way this is worded seperates him from the Others - saying "they're" instead of "we're" sets up a barrier between him and the Others - and why would he be warning them of the Others, and telling them to be quiet when they are close?
. I think that he drowned, and is now coming back to try and protect the people, just like Jack's dead father came to save Jack and the other survivors by leading him to water and shelter. It would explain the water coming from Walt's mouth at any rate.

MonkeyCatcher said:
When he talks backwards one time he says
something like "The Others are coming, and they're close."
When I listened to it I couldn't make the whole thing out but I got:

Swallowed by...unknown word...they're coming and they're close

Back