• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Most Recent Film

Martin

What's the most recent film you went to see, and what did you think?!

Mine:

(Click image for more info.)

My opinion: I liked it, I laughed a couple of times, but these gross-out comedies will never be my cup of tea. Ben Stiller is goofy as ever, and Jennifer Aniston is a goddess (especially during the dance scenes!!), so it was enjoyable, but nothing more.

And you?

Cheers, Martin :D

Hellboy. Commented in the film adaptions thread as well, it was enjoyable and not particularly deep. No idea how it compares to the comic, never read it.

There were lots of kiddos in the theater (around age 10 or so) and so I feel sorry for all the teachers who have to decide if just discussing "Hellboy" is a punishable offense, as we try to encourage the little ones to not use "Hell" as a cussword.

Also noticed that all the teenagers are dressing like it's 1982 now. Very disturbing. I wore that crap the 1st time and don't need to see it again.

Alas, I am not one to go to many movies. The last one I saw at the theater was <i>Return of the King</i>, and, as you can guess, I enjoyed it and am waiting in anticipation of the extended version. The next two movies I have slated to see are Shrek II and Harry Potter III.

Wow ... not a movie-person, are you?

I can't go a month without going to the movies, and that's not even counting the movies I rent!

Love movies almost as much as I love books. Maybe even more. Maybe not.

Last i saw was also Return of the King :) Dont seem to have the time to go to movies much - currently trying to convince Ice that she really DOES want to see Shaun of the Dead (she likes Spaced as much as i do, but she has to have her little moans :))

Phil

Martin said:
Wow ... not a movie-person, are you?

I can't go a month without going to the movies, and that's not even counting the movies I rent!

Love movies almost as much as I love books. Maybe even more. Maybe not.

No, I get bored watching anything. I can't even watch my favorite movies anymore, because I can't sit still. I can read for hours on end, but I can't watch tv or movies for more than 5 to 10 minutes. I start twirling in my chair (if at home), go off and read or play on the computer....

I think it may be due to the lack of involvement. Reading really entertains my imagination, because I can fill in the details of how characters look and such, whereas tv/movies leave nothing to the imagination. I can't sit and watch sports on tv, either, but I love to watch them in person. Its all about interaction.

That would be water! :D

Ahem...

Actually, i'm pretty much the same way. Not SO bad. I can watch movies and enjoy them but I find I don't get into them as much as books or games.

Regards
SillyWabbit

The Passion of the Christ. Prior to that: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

I went to see Return of the King, yesterday, I must admit.

I had to. My friend had not seen it, and she didn't want to see it without me. So I had to make the sacrifice. :rolleyes:

(Pssst. Hobitten whispering: It was the fourth time I saw in the cinema).

Do you think, I need help :confused:

@hobitten -I saw a film 15 times at the cinema once :eek: so I think i'm the one that needs help...

The last movie I saw was Passion of the Christ. I'm still sceptical as to whether i liked it...or not...cant make up my mind. Was rather repetitive, which made it boring. :rolleyes:

if vids and dvd's count

the last new film i saw was "the last castle" with Robert Redford in it, my mum insisted. However i quite enjoyed it, daft prison flick with army hijinks.

ksky

btw by new i mean one i haven't seen before not recently released.

The last movie I went to see was the 2nd Harry Potter film. I think I need to get out more. :eek: I liked it BTW.

The last DVD I rented was Bad Boyz2. I know, I know, :D but I liked it.

And the last movie I bought was Brotherhood of the Wolf.

RaVeN

Watched LotR:FotR this afternoon (GREAT :D) and Intolerable cruelty a few days before (fun but probably won't watch again, but good once). Only go to the cinema if necessary; it makes me feel ill.

WENT to see? As in at the cinema? umm Spiderman last year sometime (prefer my DVD collection to the cinema at the mo)

Last film I SAW? Last night, watched 'Where Eagles Dare' starring Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton (never heard of him until last night). It's been a while where I went into a film knowing absolutely nothing about it, but at the end, was pleasantly surprised at the result.

The first half's a mystery. Who's killing off the troops in the squad? Why are they there? etc. Then the middle has us wondering exactly what side Burton's on- twist after twist piles up in scenes you find it difficult to tear yourself away from. The last half has Eastwood causing more causalties than any other film he's appeared in- Eastwood does Rambo (including lots of stuff getting blown up) :) and the entire escape sequence is pretty good for a film made in 1968.

Granted, the film's not perfect- it's overlong, and implausible in places, but it's still worth a viewing.

I really love those German castle settings used by the Nazis in this film/ the 3rd Indiana Jones/ Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Watched "Monster" with Charlize Theron. Rather harrowing and one bit in particular made me squeamish. Good film, though! Also watched "Sense of Freedom" - Jimmy Boyle story. Oh, and "Cat in a Hat" which my son loves.

Jonzey said:
@hobitten -I saw a film 15 times at the cinema once :eek: so I think i'm the one that needs help...

The last movie I saw was Passion of the Christ. I'm still sceptical as to whether i liked it...or not...cant make up my mind. Was rather repetitive, which made it boring. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Jonzey, for your words of comfort.

Psst. Can I? - no I can't - ... :confused:

No, I have to. I am dying to know... :eek:

Which film was it?

(You may whisper it to me, I am not going to tell....)

Hobitten :eek:

PS: I don't think I will see Passion of Christ...

Back