• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nice to meet You

StevenPreece

kickbox
Hi Guys, my name is Steven Preece. I am the author of "Amongst The Marines" and "Always A Marine." Which were published in the UK, Australia and the Czech Republic.

I'm a former Royal Marine Commando of 7 years, although I've been demobbed for 18 years now. I work as a Site Operations Manager in IT and in my spare time I read, write, keep myself fit and practice the martial art ninjutsu.

Best Regards

Steven Preece
Author

Welcome to the board. Sounds like you wrote some interesting books. Enjoy your visits here. Looking forward to checking out your work. My own book, An Island Away was just released in May, exclusive to Amazon until September. Maybe you will find it interesting. The Dutch Marines have a base near my house in Aruba.

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome guys.

being totally honest my first book is not for the feint hearted and can be a little shocking for some. However, my second book is sort of makes things clearer and tells a different side of my story. The second book starts where the first book finishes and ends in 2003. I have posted an introductory Chapter from each book in the Writers Showcase thread and will post the synopsis at some point if people ask for them.

Currently I'm working on finishing two novels. One is sort of military action adventure stuff and the other is a kids novel for my two children as they're still a little young to understand my autobiographies.

Once again. Many thanks for the welcome.

best Regards

Steven Preece
Author

Since this forum doesn't exist as a marketing tool, of greater interest, I'm sure, is whether you read books? If so, what ones have you read lately?

Books

Hi Guys: Please don't misinterpret my introduction. I saw that the forum was for authors too so I introduced myself as such.

As for books I read. I tend to stick to non fiction books or things to do with my life as I'm one of those people who like to look a little deeper into things. I find each time I read a little more on a subject another door opens and my learning takes another boost.

I am very much a Ninja these days. I became one a fair while after I left the marines and the training worked well to help me move on from a very violent lifestyle. Also in my training I have studied the therapy that goes with Ninjutsu. I read books about martial arts, the human anatomy, about energies such a reiki, Chi Kung and Taichi, psychic abilities and even about the afterlife. Yes I know its not eveybody's cup of tea but it is mine.

best Regards
Steve

Hi Guys: Please don't misinterpret my introduction.

Not at all. We get loads of it. At least you have the courtesy to be yourself. We get plenty trying to mention their books by sneaky manouevres, which have become the easiest thing to spot

I saw that the forum was for authors too so I introduced myself as such.
All are welcome, sure. You'll probably understand that people banging on about books they've written becomes tiresome. Best to stick a link in your signature and post about other books you like. (I remember you from GoodReads, incidentally.)

I am very much a Ninja these days.
Do you have this sort of gear? That's cool.

79485_1_ninja.jpg

Oh man, I want some of those Stewart. With a small army of those, I can defeat gem's army of daleks. Excellent.

I'm a former Royal Marine Commando of 7 years

Who would win in combat mano a mano: a Royal Marine Commando or a Navy SEAL? What about a Royal Marine Commando versus a Shayetet 13 commando? Assume all are armed with standard issue combat knives.

Thanks

Thanks for your understanding. Yes, I do have a goodreads account. I joined the site after receiving an invitation from another author.

The ninja comments are always humerous and even the occasional compare to the ninja turtles.

I've been studying Ninjutsu for 7 years now. Its a fine art that I enjoy and was, without doubt, something I needed to take up to help me to manage the aggression I learnt as a serviceman. It worked immensely as well as writing about my life during those times.

Martial arts isn't every ones cup of tea, but I find it a great release. Ninjutsu is an art where the use of aggression would be seen as a sign of weakness.

Its not my only hobby, I might mention as I also play tabletennis in the local town leagues along with my two children.

Cheers

Steve

WelcomeStevenPreece

Difference always call for jokes.Im your case i guess they are made from a safe distance(less than 10 miles being suicidal).
I though Ninjutsu being sort of secte dedicated to the silent kill more than martial art.Obviously i was wrong.
Hope you find what you seek here,there is a few menbers with similar taste and background(more or less)

Thomas

Ninjutsu

Ninjutsu is undoubtedly ruthless, like other martial arts, but it is the type of art that attracts the right sort of people. i.e. people without attitudes.

I'm also heavily into keeping myself fit. I see it as an important part of life. Although, it is a goodway of keeping one's weight under control. These days I do Bodypump, which I find is a great way to keep yourself toned up.

Cheers

Steve

Back