• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

October 2008 Book group suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realize that i read last order and i'm ether mentaly deficient or it's the book but i didn't get much out of it(sorry seoulman!)
OF the 2 others,i liked tender is the night and DR glas as definetly my vote,But still not women writer sighted.......A Virginia Woolf cmoe to our help,with Waves or Orlando .Classic and a great surprise to the none initiate.

I just realize that i read last order and i'm ether mentaly deficient or it's the book but i didn't get much out of it(sorry seoulman!)
OF the 2 others,i liked tender is the night and DR glas as definetly my vote,But still not women writer sighted.......A Virginia Woolf cmoe to our help,with Waves or Orlando .Classic and a great surprise to the none initiate.

I would definitely second a vote for Virginia Woolf. November, here we come!

My three in no particular order :D

Ironweed by William Kennedy
Catch 22-Joseph Heller
Don Quixote-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Since I joined in March, we have sometimes used polls; sometimes "consensus". When we used a poll for May, we were able to make our decision in 25 posts. When we used consensus, it took 191 posts to agree on the selections for June, July, August and September, and two of the selections we chose were runners-up from May. So far, we have 91 posts for October and have not reached agreement.

By contrast, we have only had 85 posts discussing this month's selection, A Farewell to Arms.

I would rather we spent our time reading and discussing the books selected than discussing what books to select. A poll would help achieve that goal, and would give everyone an equal say in the selection.

That being said, I would go with Tender is the Night.

I'm in agreement with the poll option and expeditious manner this gives us to reach consensus, however unclear how we can leverage this?

If I counted correct, it's a tie. Dr.Glas and Tender is the Night.

So, Dr.Glas for my pick.:D

And a suggestion: For November's BOM we only choose female authors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back