• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

October 2008 Book group suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to read both Tender Is the Night and Dr. Glas, but not at the same time. One for October and the other for November.

Since we are reading Europeans in July-September, let's have Tender Is the Night (American) in October and Dr. Glas in November. That gives us more time to find a copy of Dr. Glas -- there are lots of copies of the Fitzgerald out there.

That's a sensible suggestion, although I don't know yet if I'm interested in Doctor Glas or not. It has garnered a great deal of interest in voting at least.

What about December, or is that not being chosen yet?

What about December, or is that not being chosen yet?

I would love virginia Woolf,we would be finishing the year with a woman of caractere,a surprise to many,and a book that would leave no-one indifferent.
Other suggestion of a woman author would be appreciated.

Since we are reading Europeans in July-September, let's have Tender Is the Night (American) in October and Dr. Glas in November. That gives us more time to find a copy of Dr. Glas -- there are lots of copies of the Fitzgerald out there.

I believe we're only looking at October right now.

If it's called right now, it looks like Tender is the Night by a very slim margin with Dr Glas an early favorite for November.

I believe we're only looking at October right now.

If it's called right now, it looks like Tender is the Night by a very slim margin with Dr Glas an early favorite for November.

It would make sense to make such a close runner up the choice for November, instead of rehashing the thing again.

It would make sense to make such a close runner up the choice for November, instead of rehashing the thing again.

It doesn't matter to me. The draw back will be that we won't have any serious discussions about future BOTM selection until August.

Actually, I consider the discussion of selecting the BOTM to be quite "fun." I put "fun" in quotes so that you won't get any ideas in your head that I have no life.

Actually, I consider the discussion of selecting the BOTM to be quite "fun." I put "fun" in quotes so that you won't get any ideas in your head that I have no life.

I enjoy the discussion, too, SeoulMan.

It really is a bad idea to get too far ahead. You never know when someone might chime in with a hot title. I'm also concerned about giving new B&R members plenty of opportunity to join in the BOTM discussion.

I enjoy the discussion, too, SeoulMan.

It really is a bad idea to get too far ahead. You never know when someone might chime in with a hot title. I'm also concerned about giving new B&R members plenty of opportunity to join in the BOTM discussion.

I agree, I also find it interesting to discuss it , since we are a bit ahead .

So, Tender is the Night for October? and I will make a new thread tomorrow for November? and female authors?

I'm also concerned about giving new B&R members plenty of opportunity to join in the BOTM discussion.

Yeah, I mentioned this in an earlier post. I don't like being subject to the decisions made by last year's members, so to speak.

I agree, I also find it interesting to discuss it , since we are a bit ahead .

So, Tender is the Night for October? and I will make a new thread tomorrow for November? and female authors?

Agree. We can close this thread and you can open the thread for November tomorrow.

Do we have a thread for female authors? If we don't then starting one would be a great idea. If we're looking for female authors for BOTM, I would like to suggest The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot because it's already on my shelf waiting to be read. ;)

Yes, yes, and especially YES! Since you are asking. :flowers:

or

Yes and YES, if that is what you were asking. :flowers::flowers:

Agree. We can close this thread and you can open the thread for November tomorrow.

Do we have a thread for female authors? If we don't then starting one would be a great idea. If we're looking for female authors for BOTM, I would like to suggest The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot because it's already on my shelf waiting to be read. ;)

I meant only female author suggestions for November.Everyone has to agree though, I just thought since we have been talking about choosing a female author to try it .What does everyone think?

I meant only female author suggestions for November.Everyone has to agree though, I just thought since we have been talking about choosing a female author to try it .What does everyone think?

I think it's a very good idea, Libra.

Tomorrow , this thread closes,Tender is the Night is the book for October and I will open November suggestion thread.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back