• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Old Christmas Threads (gifts, well wishes, etc)

muggle said:
Let me be the first, or at least one of the first, to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

I don't think you're anywhere near being the first. People have wishing each other this sentiment for many, many years.

Have a very happy Christmas and a lovely new year everyone! Wanna post your new year resolutions and have it set in stone (webpage)?

ds

Stewart said:
I don't think you're anywhere near being the first. People have wishing each other this sentiment for many, many years.

stewart i thought you where being nice as its the season of good will etc
But as usual you carnt even wish people all the best,just being your usual "witty" self i see! :(

I don't know if she'd be more into "scary" books, but The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King is a great read that is safe for teens. He also wrote Eyes of the Dragon for his young daughter, and it's fantasy and safe as well.

What's the politically correct way of saying Merry Christmas these days? Pleasant calendar roll-over?

sirmyk said:
What's the politically correct way of saying Merry Christmas these days? Pleasant calendar roll-over?

Cute, but I prefer "Happy Whatever You Celebrate!"

Feliz Navidad everyone!

DiscoDan said:
I don't know if she'd be more into "scary" books, but The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King is a great read that is safe for teens. He also wrote Eyes of the Dragon for his young daughter, and it's fantasy and safe as well.

I agree about The Eye of the Dragon. Very well written, and I'm not the world's biggest King fan.

sirmyk said:
But there are some that don't believe in celebration.

Then they should go hang out with the Grinch and leave the rest of us to enjoy the holidays. Even Scrooge changed his worldview...

Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Kwanzaa! Happy Holidays! and if you don't celebrate any of these, well... have a nice day! :)

Back