• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pet Peeves

You know where I stand on this sort of thing. Txt msgng shrthd s a sgn f dvltion f th wrtn wrd.

-People that drive around in the parking lot until the very closest spot opens up.
-Politicians inaccurate use of the word "unfortunate."

My partner drives around the parking lot until a spot at the very front opens up. It peeves me because he spends more time looking than it would to walk.

My pet peeve is when someone is READY to leave the house and go somewhere, and its quickly "oh let me just quickly put this song on the MP3 player" or "let me quickly straighten my hair". IMO, if your not ready, dont say "lets go".

Pencils.

Writing with pencils, other people writing with pencils... The texture...the SOUND...the feel.

Yuck.

People who use the word insult a bit to lightly

insult-implies such insolence of speech or manner as deeply humiliates or wounds one's feelings and arouses to anger.

saliotthomas, I don't use it lightly;) someone told me I was a bad mother.

Are you sure that is you're only pet peeve and you don't have more to? I am not willing to except that.

LOL!

your vs. you're
there vs. they're vs. their
where vs. wear
whose vs. who's
lose vs. loose
to vs. two vs. too
accept vs. except

These bother me a little, but I don't go into a rampage like I would with it's vs. its.

LOL!

your vs. you're
there vs. they're vs. their
where vs. wear
whose vs. who's
lose vs. loose
to vs. two vs. too
accept vs. except

These bother me a little, but I don't go into a rampage like I would with it's vs. its.

Your just not willing to except that their are to many pet peeves to name wearas sparkchaser and myself will.

Any difference of opinion can hurt if it is said with to much conviction.An insult as in itself the will to arm which was not my intent at all.
Anyway it was a joke and a bad one (nowhere near smart!)for often young people take things at heart.So if a apology is needed,i would gladly comply.

It had the good to remind me why i came to this forum witch is books,and it is where i shall keep my post form now on.

Any difference of opinion can hurt if it is said with to much conviction.An insult as in itself the will to arm which was not my intent at all.
Anyway it was a joke and a bad one (nowhere near smart!)for often young people take things at heart.So if a apology is needed,i would gladly comply.

It had the good to remind me why i came to this forum witch is books,and it is where i shall keep my post form now on.

My friend you are confusing me! I don't see any reason for apology, (hence the wink I gave) and if you don't participate in this section also I personally will miss your posts. I value and enjoy your forum friendship, and knowledge.

by the way, thanks for calling me young!:D

another one of my pet peeves is : when people sing to a song, and they mumble the words, but not the actual words. It annoys sooo much!!!

Back