• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pictures of your book collection

Thanks SFG75:) This turned out kinda large, how do you resize it?

I moved my bookcases to the garage and got rid of about 20 boxes of books. I was trying to tidy up, but then I joined 3 more book clubs and now I have them also in the bedroom on the dresser. These don't look so bad, I used to have them doubled rowed and stacked on top.

3db0a363.jpg

Madeline said:
Thanks SFG75:) This turned out kinda large, how do you resize it?

I moved my bookcases to the garage and got rid of about 20 boxes of books. I was trying to tidy up, but then I joined 3 more book clubs and now I have them also in the bedroom on the dresser. These don't look so bad, I used to have them doubled rowed and stacked on top.

3db0a363.jpg
Hmmmmmmm, try and upload it again, it should resize it automatically for you.

Come on folks, let's have some more actual pictures! Here are a couple of my bookshelves (click for more detail)...

astatic.flickr.com_11_14023843_2289ba9506_m.jpg

astatic.flickr.com_12_14181860_4cbf64a1cc_m.jpg

astatic.flickr.com_11_14181861_838d63c2fc_m.jpg

Mari-I will gladly dust the shelves for you if I can live in the closet.;)

Shade-Sweet!, definitely more organized than me.

I'll get a photo of mine shortly, just waiting for people to buy all my old horror novels off Amazon to clear space.

Shade said:
Only the first one is, steffee. I'm saving the others for a really rainy day.

Yeah I realised that when I got to the second picture which said that it wasn't alphabetically organised, but I'd already posted... and then I was gonna edit my post, but got sidetracked looking at all those books (a few Nabokov too :D ) and by the time I got back I couldn't edit any more.

But very impressive still :D

I alphabetize all my books... I would post but sadly a lot of my shelves are too short for trade/hardcover books so you can't see what they say. They suffice, but I would love to buy new ones. Maybe this summer.

Kailana said:
I alphabetize all my books... I would post but sadly a lot of my shelves are too short for trade/hardcover books so you can't see what they say. They suffice, but I would love to buy new ones. Maybe this summer.

If I alphabetized all my books, I'd have to murder all my kids, and then my husband..and then kill myself to keep them in order. But hey, I bet I'd rate a whole thread around here;) I guess I'll have to settle for, "I know I had it here..somewhere!"

abecedarian said:
If I alphabetized all my books, I'd have to murder all my kids, and then my husband..and then kill myself to keep them in order. But hey, I bet I'd rate a whole thread around here;) I guess I'll have to settle for, "I know I had it here..somewhere!"

Ah, see, my family knows better than to touch my books and if they do, I have a sorting area for books I have read (as I seperate the read from the unread) and new additions until I can get around to reorganizing. I actually started reorganizing today, but didn't finish. Maybe tonight.

Alphabetizing?...phftftftf!, I just put them by subject...until they are further scrambled.

I alphabetize my main fiction shelves, but then I have a bookshelf with to-be-read and recently read books that get filed into the main shelves when I've finished them and have a chance. Also, if I have a lot by one author, I'll give that its own shelf, like Simenon, LeCarre, Waugh, Faulkner.

I don't alphabetize nonfiction, as I find it's easier to find things grouped by subject, e.g., birds, general nature, biographies, town planning, architecture, photography, etc. Within that, Churchill gets his own shelf, as do Audubon and Peterson field guides. I like to know where things are.

I alphabetize my books - but with only 51 or so books that's not too hard :p I also keep books to be released for BookCrossing on a seperate shelf.

I'll post a picture of my rather miserly collection later - and also work on getting it up to the volume of Shade's :eek:

MonkeyCatcher said:
I alphabetize my books - but with only 51 or so books that's not too hard :p I also keep books to be released for BookCrossing on a seperate shelf.

I'll post a picture of my rather miserly collection later - and also work on getting it up to the volume of Shade's :eek:

Is it embarassing to admit that I have more books than Shade? Or a good thing.. lol

Back