• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Political Novel Suggestions?

Mary Ann H

Because of the U.S. presidential election I'm in the mood to read political novels--can you suggest some good ones? I just finished a really great new one, The Clinton Diaries by Fred Petrovsky. I bought it on Amazon at the suggestion of a friend. I couldn't put it down and I highly recommend it. It was a bit racy for me and there is some profanity in it, but I still rank it as the best book I've read this year so far. It takes the form of Bill Clinton's diary that he wrote during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, so you can imagine! Can anyone suggest other political novels? I've already read All the King's Men and it was good. Someone else suggested I read Primary Colors. Any ideas? Thanks for helping! :)

Could it be Man of the Hill by former speaker Tip O'Neill? Great book, a lot of good down home stories.

No earlier than that. The author was Edwin O'Connor (1956) and it is based on the career of James Curley, the Boston mayor.

There was another political novel of about that time, a best seller, and it related to skulduggery in the House of Representatives. Does anyone remember the title?

I would recommend Chain of Command-the road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib....by Seymour M. Hersh....it is really good!

Back