• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Question Game

I don't have any children. I don't know if I want them. I am almost 30 - I'd better decide soon. :)

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? (sorry if this one has been done already!)

Mattyj said:
I don't have any children. I don't know if I want them. I am almost 30 - I'd better decide soon. :)

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? (sorry if this one has been done already!)

I'd like to go to Istanbul-the gate between the east and the west. I think it would be a very exotic place to go, not to mention I'd like to try smoking out of the hookah.

Pancakes or waffles?:confused:

Pancakes or waffles?:confused:

Pancakes, unless someone else is making the waffles..for my crowd, waffles take forever..:rolleyes:

Since its raining this morning, I wonder-do you wear raingear, or just take your chances on a rainy day?

Since its raining this morning, I wonder-do you wear raingear, or just take your chances on a rainy day?
I take my chances (and end up getting soaked) unless I have to be smart for work - in which case i use an umbrella but that's about it.

What is the best gift you have ever received?

besides my children, for my birthday this year my mother gave me my great-grandmother's ring. i was closer to her than anybody when i was little and it meant the world to me to get this. i cried when she handed it to me. my girls were asking, "why is she crying?" and i had to explain how you can cry when you are happy and reminded them they cried when their brother was born - they are tears of joy. it has 2 carats of diamonds and is set in platinum and is just beautiful. it was her engagement ring. my mother still has the wedding band that goes with it, but says i'll get that later. i was so close to her that even though she has been dead for nearly 30 years, i can still remember what her skin felt like (it was so soft - she always was putting on lotion), what she smelled like, what her house smelled like, what she looked like, but i can't remember what she sounded like and all home videos we have from back then are just those old 8 mm (or reel-to-reel, not really sure) and have no sound. :(

which brings me to my question - in your immediate or extended family, who meant the most to you in life (and feel free to tell why if you would like)?

Wow- that is such a hard question. I have been so fortunate to have so many wonderful people in my life. I will have to say my Grandma. She was the strongest woman I have ever met. She was kind and giving and selfless. She was the kind of person I aspire to be. My husband tells me sometimes, "wow, I just saw your Grandma in you". He has no idea what that means to me. :)

My question:
How did you meet your best friend?

well, as i consider my husband my best friend, i'll tell you how i met him! we met at a sunday school party in college.

i have two other people i consider best friends, girls, and one i met in drill team my freshman year in high school and the other i met through a mother of multiples group.

which brings me to my ? - how did you meet your significant other?

tundra said:
I am alone in the world.

Have you ever been a victim of identity theft?

Never, everything goes through the shredder. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Are you a tea drinker? If so, what kind?

SFG75 said:
Never, everything goes through the shredder. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Are you a tea drinker? If so, what kind?

everything goes through the shredder for us, too, but it can still happen, sometimes due to the ineptitude of companies. we once got a call from a credit card company for a card we kept for emergencies and had never used (it was locked up) and someone had stolen our number and created a new card using that number and charged over $5000 in Malaysia (obviously we were nowhere near Malaysia) and we had to fill out FBI affidavits and everything. anyway, sorry to get off-topic, but as this is important, i thought i should bring it up. always check your credit report on a regular basis, at least once a year. you never know what may pop up!

I hope everyone knows you need to shred the pre-approved credit applications you get in the mail in addition to regular documents with personal information. I know (in the U.S. at least) that you are entitled under federal law to a free annual credit report from each of the three bureaus..you can even do it online from annualcreditreport.com

"Very little of what you hear about ma petite is rumor. Believe all you hear," said Jean-Claude.

Sabin chuckled, coughing, as if struggling to keep the laughter from spilling out his ruined mouth. "If I believed everything I heard, I would have brought an army."

-talking about Anita Blake, vampire hunter, who looks like a china doll and is 5'3".

Do you believe that Vlad Tepes (Dracula) was really a vampire, or is this still just a work of fiction?

Dracula was not a vamp. Not a chance in hell. (Lame joke, yes, I know)

What is the most time you have ever gone without doing laundry (or having someone wash your laundry for you)?

lady.cordelia said:
three weeks, but i have/had an enormous amount of clothes.

I apologize. I must interrupt. Only three weeks? I am amazed. I have gone 6 weeks before..owing to having had a very large supply of underthings and going through both my summer and winter wardrobes. I have now said my two bits. You may carry on.

tundra said:
I apologize. I must interrupt. Only three weeks? I am amazed. I have gone 6 weeks before..owing to having had a very large supply of underthings and going through both my summer and winter wardrobes. I have now said my two bits. You may carry on.

well, what makes it worse is that it included mine, my husband's, and my four children's clothes! you can imagine the mountain.

Back