• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random happenings/thoughts

We're blessed. And groggy..very groggy. It's an 85 mile trip one way to go up there where he was born. Left here at 6 pm and got back at about 11 pm. Stayed up long enough for Mr. ABC to load a couple of pics on his Facebook wall, then we crashed til the clock went off at 5:15. Actually, I got up, made breakfast for us, then watched the dear man crash for another 45 minutes or so, then took him to work. I'm a little cross eyed right now. Good thing I didn't have to get up a couple of times to feed a newborn..I'm loving this whole 'pass the baton' thing.

Yes, we get the perks while somebody else gets to do the 'hard work' of the daily care. We keep the babies once in a while, but not providing childcare daily, like some do. So far..

My grandson will be two next week, ABC. I can tell you few things light up the house like he does.

My grandson will be two next week, ABC. I can tell you few things light up the house like he does.

I bet! Our granddaughters are nearly three(May 11) and one and a half..then there's the eldest grandson who is just over 5 months old. Yeah, the place perks up when they're here. They are amazing..

God must be a motorcycle fan to give us riding weather like this! Absolutely magnificent!

Mr. Abc left his bicycle at home today after checking the weather channel and learning that while the temps and lack of rain would seem to be ideal, the 25-30 mph winds from the south(the main direction of his ride home) would make the ride much less pleasant. Does that sort of issue bother you motorcyclists so much?

Mr. Abc left his bicycle at home today after checking the weather channel and learning that while the temps and lack of rain would seem to be ideal, the 25-30 mph winds from the south(the main direction of his ride home) would make the ride much less pleasant. Does that sort of issue bother you motorcyclists so much?

It does take a little more effort to steer the bike true, but it's not like the wind is going to knock over a 600 lb motorcycle. My biggest problem with the wind has always been that it can make breathing a little uncomfortable if my face shield isn't down all the way.

Some of the films that I have watched lately have struck a cord in me that I now believe to be wanderlust. It's been years since I've visited the old west; I wonder how much of it is left to see?

Some of the films that I have watched lately have struck a cord in me that I now believe to be wanderlust. It's been years since I've visited the old west; I wonder how much of it is left to see?

Hard to say. I know I felt a sense of loss when I heard that Old Tucson burned to the ground a few years ago. I'm sure they've rebuilt it by now, and while it was just a movie and tv set, some of my favorite movies and tv shows were filmed there. OTH, I felt at home just on the drive from the main highway back into where Tucson Mt. Park and the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum where. The scenery was SO familiar..which made sense since that mountain range was the backdrop to a ton of high speed horse chases in so many old shows. I'd like to go back there again. I loved the southwest.

I have traveled through the southwest four times in my life and each time I was awestruck by the remarkable beauty. I can't wait to see Monument Valley again.

I have traveled through the southwest four times in my life and each time I was awestruck by the remarkable beauty. I can't wait to see Monument Valley again.

I remember being amazed that those 'low hanging clouds' off in the distance weren't clouds at all...You might be a flatlander if...:p

I remember being amazed that those 'low hanging clouds' off in the distance weren't clouds at all...You might be a flatlander if...:p

I know that's right. We've been living in our current location since '91, and I still catch myself thing that when I see the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I know that's right. We've been living in our current location since '91, and I still catch myself thing that when I see the Blue Ridge Mountains.
My wallpaper is a scene from the Blue Ridge...such a photogenic part of the country. But, I'm loyal to my home state too, I'll switch it up and use a pic from Mr. Abc's BAK trip. He got some nice shots of our fair state.

Sometimes I focus so much on the congestion in this part of Virginia, that I forget how beautiful it is here.

06-06-09_1612.jpg

I think it's part of being human to think that 'elsewhere' is better. Elsewhere might be better, but more often in reality, it's only different from 'here.'

Back