• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random happenings/thoughts

Wassail is good anytime, but if you can smell woodsmoke in the air, it's the perfect time for wassail. Just trying to be your friendly neighborhood enabler:innocent:

Umm, yeah. We don't make pancakes, cook oatmeal, or bake.

If I had my homebrew kit, I'd make 20 liters of hard cider.

All you need is some brewer's yeast and a glass carboy or and "ale pail" with an airlock. You can usually find that in your local homebrew store (if you have one) or you can order online. Wine yeast works best for cider.

I am a bachelor this week and so far I have eaten cereal and pizza without regard to the time of day. I have decided to cook on Friday though since I received a Jack Stack coupon in my email yesterday. Burnt ends on the way!

So, lazy when it comes to cooking I understand.

My hubby was out of town this past weekend. I ate boiled eggs, rice and Hot Pockets. I see no point in actually cooking for one person. I did, however, greet him with freshly baked peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of ice cold milk upon his return. I'm not much of a baker, but I missed him, so I made this exception.

You don't want to know what I would do for a batch of homemade peanut butter (or soft chocolate chip) cookies.

Includes:
Beef Burnt Ends (1 lb.)
Pork Burnt Ends (1 lb.)
Hickory Pit Beans (16 oz.)
Cheesy Corn Bake (16 oz.)
KC Original BBQ Sauce (12 oz.)
Item PKBC1994 Serves 4 - 6

lulz. Serves 4 to 6 my ass. I'm putting on my sweat pants and inducing a food coma.

awww.jackstackbbq.com_images_466_PKBC1994.jpg

Thanks, Sneezy. I wasn't hungry at all, and my stomach just rumbled at the sight of that juicy meat. I also drooled a little on my paperwork. I think I'm changing my dinner plans for tonight from Hawaiian chicken with grilled pineapple to pork and snaps. We had pork stir fry last night, but one can never have too much pork in my opinion.

Well, eldest son called earlier to let me know that his gf will be induced tomorrow morning, so hopefully my newest grandson will make his appearance in a safe and timely manner. This granny knows not to hold her breath on the 'timely' part;)

16 million Scovilles is the scientific maximum.

I'd probably die if I put it on my tongue.

Here's Bebe Sebastian, newly arrived 4-3-13:
2q9ceh5.jpg

Back