• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

drdln

Our mind is always thinking something.
What's on your mind? Just post a question and get off your chest

... no rules, just random questions ....

Are we happier today?

What I wonder about is why someone can speak eloquently and passionately about a book and when I read it I can find it tedious and depressing - what am I missing?

How much beer will it take for sparkchaser to sing a Wham! song on karoke?

Would he sing or would he would just play the sax part on careless whisper? :whistling:

watch

That is the only reason to play a sax.

So, is the next person supposed to answer the previous question before asking their own question?

Yes.

What I would like to know is: Why hasn't a massive meteor struck Earth since the age of dinosaurs?

Before the one 65,000,000 years ago, there was one 3,300,000,000 years ago. There was one about 50,000 years ago that hit Arizona. Also, don't forget Tunguska. With over 3 billion years between extinction level impacts, I think we're safe for a while.

According to the wikipedia:

Asteroids with a 1 km (0.62 mi) diameter strike the Earth every 500,000 years on average. Large collisions – with 5 km (3 mi) objects – happen approximately once every ten million years. The last known impact of an object of 10 km (6 mi) or more in diameter was at the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event 65 million years ago.

Hmmm, maybe we are due for one.

Do you give money to buskers?

I would if I liked their music. Not too many buskers in my area though, to be fair.

Musicals, love em or hate em?

I only like a musical if it's The Blues Brothers.

Can you explain how tides work to Bill O'Reilly?

Only if Mr. O'Reilly is willing to accept the most vague explanations...'moon, gravity, GOD'. Beyond that, I'm not much help.

Can you explain nuclear fission to a ten year old?

I get to go watch some 14 year old girls play softball in a provincial final. I'll probably get eaten alive by the mosquitos too. I think thats fun...you?

What kind of cheesecake is sparkchaser partial to?

A free one.

Who wants to make me a cheesecake?

Edit: Wolfram Alpha is very cool, but very limited and useless for 90% of the internet population, possibly more.

Back