• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RE: Some guy on eBay is selling 500 words of his book to budding authors

clueless said:
I think JS can't read. He just looks at pictures.

School boy error by JS........although i think i actually made the error and not JS...... :)

I can't stand that aggression on the new site.....i thought this was about having a critical discussion, not a slagging off match!

Do you have any other short stories that you'd recommend? I like looking intellectual on the train...... :D

bidding is over

phenominal interest in this project just showed it head....

there was no bidding, nobody won, nobody bid....

I wonder what the next auction will look like?

The starting bid will probably drop.

There goes a new pair of shoes for Peter Johnson this week. I feel his pain. :(

mehastings said:
I believe Sirmyk also weighed in here. He's a he.
Yes, last time I checked I had a penis, and it was having a party with a couple of round blokes called testicles.

I had to laugh when I looked at the site and saw the words We haven't yet found anyone suitable for continuing Therese's story.

How much shit is this guy full of?

It should read: I haven't yet found anyone dumb enough to continue Therese's story.

J S King said:
JS likes pictures :) How else could one find out that a user by the name of 'Stewart' is a girl

But if you had read the profile under the picture, you would find that it says male. That's why I said you could not read. It could be a lying, but the picture can be a girlfriend, any girl that he thought good-looking, any other reason or just trying to show that he is in touch with his feminine side (lots of crap, but it seems very popular these days).

Wonderful!

Stewart said:
I had to laugh when I looked at the site and saw the words We haven't yet found anyone suitable for continuing Therese's story.

How much shit is this guy full of?

It should read: I haven't yet found anyone dumb enough to continue Therese's story.

Well this is truly great, not a single bid. God, some authors don't know they are born... (or should I say the potentially truly famous, with access to film rights!). Think of what an opportunity we have all let pass....

I trust J S King...I mean Peter Johnson, will be issuing a refund to the other literary geniuses that took part? J S, can you confim or are you too ashamed?

Laser-geek-UK said:
Do you have any other short stories that you'd recommend? I like looking intellectual on the train...... :D

The Tale of the Unknown Island by Saramago, but I don't know if you'll find that one online.

This, from the "Quill" section of the fantastically awful web site:

"A suitable writer has not yet been found to continue James' story. As with The Olympian Pen, Auction Two will be relisted in conjunction with a strategic advertising campaign to find a talented writer capable of writing the next part of this fantastic story. More details will be available soon, please check back."

So it seems both the "Pen" and the "Quill" are currently dead in the water. Hmmmm....I can't imagine why people are not interested in this wonderful opportunity.....it really boggles the mind...... ;)

I wonder what this guy means by "strategic advertising campaign"? If it's anything like 1000's of key contacts I'm sure the next auction should be quite fun to watch too.

Anybody care to guess what the starting bid price will be? $50.00 maybe....$25.00 .... would anybody here pay $10.00 ? JS King maybe????

The advertising will mean moving to another forum, he's not getting what he wants here, and posting a spam message there along the lines of wow, i can't believe it, someone is going to make you famous via eBay :rolleyes:

Stewart said:
The advertising will mean moving to another forum, he's not getting what he wants here, and posting a spam message there along the lines of wow, i can't believe it, someone is going to make you famous via eBay :rolleyes:

I wonder what he means, strange stuff! If he puts the price to $10 then like most people here I'd definitely bid, well, fingers-crossed!

J S King said:
then like most people here I'd definitely bid, well, fingers-crossed!

Who's the "most people here" who would bid?????
Name some names that you think will bid on this load of crap.

Predict the future as you see it....please

J S King said:
I wonder what he means, strange stuff!

I still think you are Peter Johnson. I still do...

If he puts the price to $10 then like most people here I'd definitely bid, well, fingers-crossed!

The only people I've seen express an interest are you and Laserland over there. Of course, putting money into your own pocket...?

Motokid said:
Who's the "most people here" who would bid?????
Name some names that you think will bid on this load of crap.

Predict the future as you see it....please

$10 is nothing, well, I guess it depends on how confident people are with their writing ability, some people would be scared of getting the pi*s ripped out of their work. Once there's someone talented and confident enough, they'll jump in. Actually, the more I think about it...I'm probably not a good enough writer to continue Therese's story, so I'll leave it to the masters! Motokid, would you really not bid if it was just $10? Are you low on self-belief or just not up to Therese's standard? (like me) From your messages I thought you were quite confident!?

Stewart said:
I still think you are Peter Johnson. I still do...

The only people I've seen express an interest are you and Laserland over there. Of course, putting money into your own pocket...?

We've already been through this, please stop stooping so low and focus on the topic!

Back