• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RE: Some guy on eBay is selling 500 words of his book to budding authors

clueless said:
Yes, did you read it?

Yes, i read it on the train last night.....actually started reading it in the chippy though. I very much enjoyed it, although if anything i feeling slightly less confident with writing chapter 2 as the standard is really very good.

Laser-geek-UK said:
Yes, i read it on the train last night.....actually started reading it in the chippy though. I very much enjoyed it, although if anything i feeling slightly less confident with writing chapter 2 as the standard is really very good.

Laser, I've given up on the olympian pen, I did try to write the next chapter but I'm not good at writing stories in that style, I would have preferred Sci Fi. I was going to post my story on here, but my mates read it and said it should go to the bin. Perhaps I'll have a go at the Olympic Quill. Good luck with your attempt

Both the "pen" and the "quill" still have no bids. ZERO. Zilch. Nada.

Considering the only people interested in this goofy experiment are the current winners of both auctions, I wonder what will happen after a few auctions go off with no bids what-so-ever? Will the money collected be returned to the "winners" if the project dies before completion?

Motokid said:
Both the "pen" and the "quill" still have no bids. ZERO. Zilch. Nada.

Considering the only people interested in this goofy experiment are the current winners of both auctions, I wonder what will happen after a few auctions go off with no bids what-so-ever? Will the money collected be returned to the "winners" if the project dies before completion?

I've just read the quill...I'd prefer to continue that story, it's more my style, though I don't know much about Noah's Ark...I'll do some research.

J S King said:
I've just read the quill...I'd prefer to continue that story,

Why don't you start it since it hasn't been started yet? Peter Johnson in his infinite thickness hasn't recognised that the old duffer who paid for that one has only sent him a synopsis for a cliched novel but, the wonderfully stupid Peter Johnson, has posted this synposis as Chapter 1.

How fecking dumb? Too tall you can't get over it...

Stewart said:
Why don't you start it since it hasn't been started yet? Peter Johnson in his infinite thickness hasn't recognised that the old duffer who paid for that one has only sent him a synopsis for a cliched novel but, the wonderfully stupid Peter Johnson, has posted this synposis as Chapter 1.

How fecking dumb? Too tall you can't get over it...

I was thinking the same, maybe someone should contact him to let him know!

J S King said:
Laser, I've given up on the olympian pen, I did try to write the next chapter but I'm not good at writing stories in that style, I would have preferred Sci Fi. I was going to post my story on here, but my mates read it and said it should go to the bin. Perhaps I'll have a go at the Olympic Quill. Good luck with your attempt

:mad: What??? If i can have a go then anyone can!!!

I'm going to get a slating when i eventually post mine!!

I'm definitely not going for both.

Laser-geek-UK said:
:mad: What??? If i can have a go then anyone can!!!

I'm going to get a slating when i eventually post mine!!

I'm definitely not going for both.

I admire your confidence Laser, unfortuately my buddies destroyed mine after they read my story...though I might have a go at the quill, I'll write it in advance and then go for a late ambush bid! So, it turns out they're all girls around here...interesting...looks like we're the only two blokes..you are a bloke aren't you Laser?

J S King said:
maybe someone should contact him to let him know!

Off you go then. Bishop's Stortford, or whatever the place is called. I think it was number four in marsham street or something; I can't be bothered checking.

I still wonder how he found the information about himself on Shade's site.

Laser-geek-UK said:
laser is a man.....i repeat, laser is a man!!

I think stewart is as well.

I thought that at first too...but if you look at Stewart's profile you will discover that Stewart is in fact a woman! Stewart...is that your real name or just a messageboard nickname?

what??? profiles? I apologise Stewart. I didn't do my research.

so then me and JSK are the only chaps?

fair enough, although i'll have to decline the offer of getting a room together. I really don't think me and JSK are compatible, unless he's lying about being a man.

I believe Sirmyk also weighed in here. He's a he.

J S King said:
I thought that at first too...but if you look at Stewart's profile you will discover that Stewart is in fact a woman! Stewart...is that your real name or just a messageboard nickname?

I always assumed that picture was Stewart's girlfriend.

J S King said:
Laser, how's your story going? Are you going to bid if it's good enough?

i still have no intention of bidding, my skills are much more laser based......lasers are great.

I do still intend on submitting my work, although i imagine it'll e more like friday now!

What is that pic that Stewart's got as her symbol?

Back