• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

A Clash of Kings, by George R.R. Martin

I really enjoyed the second book in the Song of Ice and Fire. Can't wait to start the next book!

Just finished The Journeyman Tailor by Gerald Seymour - about the Provisional IRA and Britain's M15. Pretty horrible the lengths both sides went to to achieve their perceived objectives. The hatred of the Irish for the English is portrayed starkly. One of the Irish operatives in London causes havoc with bombs and guns. Fiction with probably a large slice of reality. The main character is a small woman who is more bloodthirsty than any of the men - didn't feel any sympathy for her at all. Interesting thriller in a dark kind of way.:star2:

Momac- You finished another novel! God Bless you. I just finished= Children of the Night by Dan Simmons, a five star book. If I'm going to read a vampire book, I prefer it to involve Vlad the Impaler, and it does.
Book Reviews And Comments By Rick O

Hi Ricko: Was Vlad the Impaler a vampire? I know he was pretty nasty anyway - too scary for me - I prefer contemporary violence:innocent: You should see the book I got from the library today, forgot that I had requested it - it's Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. It has near a 1000 pages and I have to have it back in two weeks because someone else is waiting for it. I can hardly hold the book it's so heavy - I guess a Kindle would avoid that. I can see that some household chores will get a lick and a promise. It's a good job that hubby is pretty laid back - it won't bother him - lucky me.

Momac- Did you know that is going to be the first of three? I did reviews on Night over water, The pillars of the Fire, and World without end- all Follett books, all great. Enjoy!
Yes, Vlad is the original Dracula- lived 1431 to 1476, some people say he still lives.

Momac- Did you know that is going to be the first of three? I did reviews on Night over water, The pillars of the Fire, and World without end- all Follett books, all great. Enjoy!
Yes, Vlad is the original Dracula- lived 1431 to 1476, some people say he still lives.

Hi again Ricko: I saw on the book cover that it was part of a trilogy - looks like I'm going to have a busy summer - glad that I had my glasses cranked up a bit last time at the optometrist - I'll be needing them. I sure hope that Vlad isn't still around, however, there is a peculiar looking fellow I see from time to time walking by our house at dusk!:eek:

I think Boom Boom is playing hockey in that great hockey rink in the sky - he wouldn't be down this way anyway, we're Maple Leaf and Canuck fans not Montreal Canadiens. Besides, Boom Boom was better looking than this other guy despite his broken nose. :D

P.D. James' The Lighthouse. The book left me with ambivalent feelings. I'll pass on reading any more P.D. James books in the near future.

Roberto Bolaño, Nazi Literature In The Americas :star4:

Peculiar, hilarious, chilling fake bibliography of a supposed fascist literary movement in South and North America.

Back