• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

A few years ago I picked that book up but never finished reading it....

This was my third attempt at this book, and I finally read it through to the end. The ending was compelling, but it didn't make up for the lack of interest I had in the characters and the town. Overall, interesting themes that were poorly drawn, in my opinion.

I thought it was long winded and too poetic, and could never really get into it. This was probably six years ago, and at that time I never quit on a book. I thought it was so bad I brought it back to the bookstore and exchanged it. At the time I read it I began reading Milan Kundera's work, and really really got into his stuff. Its funny, but I recently thought of trying to read it again, but probably won't after your rating....brings back memories.

This was my third attempt at this book, and I finally read it through to the end. The ending was compelling, but it didn't make up for the lack of interest I had in the characters and the town. Overall, interesting themes that were poorly drawn, in my opinion.

Well, I think this is one of those books that you either love or hate. I was 14 years old the first time I read it and I must have read it 4 or 5 times since. García Márquez is one of my favorite writers and One Hundred Years of Solitude is one of my favorite books ever. :flowers:

Well, I think this is one of those books that you either love or hate. I was 14 years old the first time I read it and I must have read it 4 or 5 times since. García Márquez is one of my favorite writers and One Hundred Years of Solitude is one of my favorite books ever. :flowers:

I would love to hear about what you appreciated in this book. I am always open to hearing others viewpoints, as there could be something I missed or overlooked.

Just wrapped up The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway. I wasn't sure at first if I would like this book, but it has some gonzo elements to it and was quite surprising actually in regards to the "lost generation."

I just finished Arturo Pérez-Reverte's latest novel, El Asedio (The Siege) :star5:

The story is set in 1811, during the siege of Cádiz. It's part murder mystery and part historical novel.

I was going to copy the English description from amazon but whoever wrote it got mixed up and translated the Spanish for "skinned" (desolladas) as "their throats severed" (degolladas).

Back