• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

An Unfinished Life - Mark Spragg :star3:

3 stars is being generous. It's not bad, just very amateur and painfully cliche. How many times can the story of a single mom in some backwater redneck town who lives with an abusive boyfriend/husband be written? Throw in a little reconciliation with estranged family members, facing your past, leaving the abuser only to have him follow her, she works in a diner, falls in love with someone, etc. I wouldn't really mind except that it was so blandly written and the story was way too tame. Dorothy Allison wipes the floor with this guy.

Ditto for me,I had other expectations and it just disapointed big time.Have you seen the tv movie?

No I have not seen the TV movie, actually didn't know there was one
This book started out so strong but then just fizzled out quick. I was doubling up when reading it with Time to Hunt. Needless to say I, put The Last Templar down in favor of Bob Lee Swagger, but I came back and finished it.

and furthermore by Judi Dench :star4:

A little disjointed, but if you're a fan, you'll enjoy it. It's told very effectively in her own voice.

Dead Witch Walking

Dead Witch Walking

It had its slow moments, fast moments, and funny moments. Not bad for the first book in a series. :star4:

Back