• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

A Capote Reader, Truman Capote
Having just read his recently discovered novel, Summer Crossing, I decided I want to read more Capote and this book, with the exception of In Cold Blood, which I already own, contains all his novellas, short stories, essays, travelogues, and whatever else he scribbled. Essential, and complete's my Capote collection.
Or so I thought. It only contains two novellas, being The Glass Harp and Breakfast At Tiffany's. Looks like I have a few more to buy after all.

This now completes my Yates collection.
Er, with the exception of Disturbing The Piece, which I don't think is out yet. :eek:

The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Secrets of Jin S'hei by Alma Alexander
Warrior Queen: The Story of Boudica, Celtic Queen by Alan Gold
The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas
The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexander Dumas
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
German Phrase Book & Dictionary

It's been a good week.

I just got thgese two year ago, second hand bookstore, poor me.
The Black Ice-Michael Connelly
Slow Heat in Heaven-SDandra Brown
And Angel Creek-Linda Howard

Boy Scout Book Sale

Proceeds go to a library in New Orleans...

Prodigal Summer - Barbara Kingsolver
The Judges - Elie Wiesel
The Sea - John Banville
All the Pretty Horses - Cormac McCarthy
The Devil Wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger
Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie
Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards

All the for the low, low price of $4.

Plus a bag full of children's books for another $10.

Two paperbacks: Terry Goodkind's novella Debt of Bones and Stephen King's The Gunslinger (the original, not the rewritten one that came out two years ago). Total cost was $.30.

Visited a book fair today: it had lots of great stuff at low prices; unfortunately I am short on money right now :mad: so it felt like torture to me.

I only got No One Writes to the Colonel, by García Márquez, The Lost Honor of Katharine Blum, by Heinrich Böll, and a book of literary essays by Vergílio Ferreira.

I'll probably go there a second, temptation is too big!

Visited a book fair today: it had lots of great stuff at low prices; unfortunately I am short on money right now :mad: so it felt like torture to me.

I only got No One Writes to the Colonel, by García Márquez, The Lost Honor of Katharine Blum, by Heinrich Böll, and a book of literary essays by Vergílio Ferreira.

I'll probably go there a second, temptation is too big!

I feel your pain! There is a big book fair in the city this weekend, and of course, we have no money for splurges at this time...dirty rotten car repairs:(

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my library and the whole interlibrary loan system? Today I picked up:

Miramar-Naguib Mahfouz

Annie John- Jamaica Kincaid

A Feast For Crows by George R. R. Martin was just released here today in mass-market. Still haven't gotten to A Storm of Swords.

No Problem. There's a thread here about this series. Beware there are spoilers. There are other threads too about each book and I think the author has a thread as well. The first book in this series is called A Game of Thrones if you want to check it out.

Was not going to buy this, but given that it was half-price in WH Smiths I decided to go for it after all. I enjoyed the novel that preceded it and I do like the author's previous works, so, The Apple: New Crimson Petal Stories by Michel Faber.

Was not going to buy this, but given that it was half-price in WH Smiths I decided to go for it after all. I enjoyed the novel that preceded it and I do like the author's previous works, so, The Apple: New Crimson Petal Stories by Michel Faber.

Isn't that the way it always goes? We swear off, but there's always this deal...and people wonder why my house is insulated with books:p

Back