• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Virtues of War, An Epic novel about Alexander the Great by Steven Pressfield

Gates of Fire, An Epic novel of the Battle of Thermopylae by Steven Pressfield

An Underground Education, The Unauthorized and Outrageous Supplement to Everything You Thought You Knew About Art, Sex, Business, Crime, Science, Medicine and other Fields of Human Knowledge by Richard Zacks

The Zombie Survival Guide, Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks

World War Z, An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

I have been so broke that I haven't been buying books recently. Today I sold some stuff to half price books, and they had a Modern Library version of Thomas Wolfe's Look Homeward Angel for 7 bucks. It has the original owners inscription in the front cover from 1938. I love stuff like that.

That book has been in the desperately want to buy column for a long while. Hopefully I'll get to it sometime soon.

Thomas Pynchon's Mason and Dixon. I had never heard of it but it was a remainder so it should be a cheap way to check out an author I'm curious about.

Mark Zuehlke's For Honour's Sake: The War of 1812 and the Brokering of an Uneasy Peace. A history book on the War of 1812 based on previously undiscovered information.

Wayne Johnston's The Custodian of Paradise. The Colony of Unrequited Dreams is probably my favourite book so far this year. Custodian runs in parallel to Colony moving focus from Joey Smallwood to Fielding. It to looks to be just as interesting.

Thomas Pynchon's Mason and Dixon. I had never heard of it but it was a remainder so it should be a cheap way to check out an author I'm curious about.

When I bought that earlier this year, I had a read through the opening chapter. It was the most readable Pynchon I've put down again, so perhaps that's not saying anything.

I just bought A Patchwork Planet by Anne Tyler, just because.

P.G. Wodehouse - Jeeves in the Offing
Witold Gombrowicz - Trans-Atlantyk
Marina Tsvetayeva - Selected Poems
Anna Akhmatova - Poems

Foyles again...

The 99 Cent Breakfast-Patricia Glinton-Meicholas.. Received it in the mail from a fellow Bookcrosser for our Olympic Challenge.

• Anansi Boys, Neil Gaiman - because of the raves from Still and ds.
    (It better be good, you guys. I'm planning on taking it with me on vacation.)
  • Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
  • Moral Disorder, Margaret Atwood - because at $18 + change, it was too good a deal to pass up for an Atwood fan such as myself. :D

Before & After by Susan Maria Leach (non fiction). It's a cookbook for those who have had gastric surgery. I will have the same procedure by the end of the year.

Back