• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

I'm really a mystery-book reader. Once in a while I try something different, but always come back to mysteries. I've got new ones coming in about 5 days:

Short Straw by Stuart Woods
Cross by James Patterson
Lisey's by Stephen King
The Collectors by David Baldacci
Wild Fire by Nelson DeMille
Stripped by Brian Freeman
Echo Park by Michael Connelly
Proof Postive by Phillip Margolin
Bancroft Strategy by Robert Ludlum

I treated to myself to a lovely book yesterday when I was in Glasgow and I'm planning to read through it tonight.

Post Secret by Frank Warren.

It was a project where people had to send in their secrets on postcards and they were all put together into the one volume. It's a great book and I really suggest having a look at it. :)

...and more!

I'm on a book buying frenzy.

My copy of Stephen King's Wizard and Glass is damaged so I just purchased another copy (new) on Amazon.com.

I need to give my credit card a rest. :eek:

Is Shusako Endo the Catholic one? If so, I remember looking at a copy of The Samuari in Borders and wondering whether to buy it.

Yup. I read 'The Sea and Poison' last month, and liked his style more than the execution - if that's the right phrase to use for a book about human vivisection.

Saw 'Silence' in a charity shop today and decided to give it a go. Aparently Graham Greene thinks it's "One of the finest novels of our time". A confident assessment for a corpse.

In a charity shop?

All I ever see in the all ones I've browsed thus far are Virginia Andrews' Flowers In The Attic or, tucked behind a Tom Clancy, one of the million donated copies of The Da Vinci Code. :(

The Oxfam in town has a separate literature section. I found ‘Silence’ in there and 'The Idiot' which was in good condition and only £1.49. Also a six volume complete works of Shakespeare: Histories, Tragedies, Comedies, Sonnets, Limericks and shopping lists, or some such. But they weren’t in hardcover so I gave them a miss.

Interestingly there was a Julian Barnes in both the literature and fiction sections. Not sure if that means his career is on the up or down...

Today I bought from a used bookstore:
it by Stephen King
Twisted by Jonathan Kellerman
Downfall by Jean Rabe
Betrayal by Jean Rabe
The White Dragon by Anne McCaffrey
Shadow Fires by Dean Koontz
Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn.
:D :D :D

Bought at a used bookstore:

Disgrace, J.M. Coetzee (my first of this author)
No Country for Old Men, Cormac McCarthy
Winner of the National Book Award, Jincy Willett

Killing Floor by Lee Child
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
Main Street by Sinclair Lewis
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

Back