• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Have you read Iris Chang's The Rape of Nanking, abecedarian?

No, have you? Remember the story of The Five Chinese Brothers? I feel like the boy who is supposed to pick up fish from the ocean floor, and instead gets excited at all the lost treasure that's now uncovered...too many good books, too little time!

Here's what I got from the library yesterday:

Mother's Beloved: Stories From Laos-Outhine Bounyavomg

The Relic-Eca de Queiros

Behind Closed Doors: Women's Oral Narratives in Tunisia-Monia Hejaiej

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Oh, my favorite book this year! Please post once you're done, I'd be interested to know what you thought of it.

Today I bought:

The Bridge, Doug Marlette
But Inside I'm Screaming, Elizabeth Flock
Werewolves in Their Youth, Michael Chabon (short stories)
Peace Like a River, Leif Enger

I have Peace in trade paperback but loved the book so much I bought it in hardcover at a used bookstore. Will take the trade paperback with me to work tomorrow and give it away.

No, have you? Remember the story of The Five Chinese Brothers? I feel like the boy who is supposed to pick up fish from the ocean floor, and instead gets excited at all the lost treasure that's now uncovered...too many good books, too little time!
I read it a few years ago. I was trying to find information on the geisha in the history section of the public library when I stumbled across it. I was very depressed while reading it. The author makes mention of the book Comfort Women a few times so that's why I asked. I got that book awhile back, but was unable to finish it at the time due to school work. However, I would like to get back to it soon because from what I did get the chance to read, it sounded like an excellent book to be reading.

Just Bought:
A Storm of Swords
A Feast For Crows

Now I have all the a song of ice and fire books until a new one comes out.:D

'The murderers club' - PD Martin
'Suzanne's diary for nicholas' - James Patterson
'Nocturnes' - John Connelly

get out some tissues for the Diary book. and you would not believe james patterson wrote it! i read it in a day - couldn't put it down - and that isn't usually true with his other works, if i am even able to finish them.

Did Patterson actually write it though? Or is it one of those novels where he just puts his name to another's work to boost sales?

I thought that in most cases like that, both of the writer's names are listed. I don't know about this Patterson book..

i was told he actually wrote it. he wanted to try something different than what he had ever done and branch off from what he had been doing.

I heard it was an unbelievable page-turner, so I had to buy a copy when I seen it in store. Hope it won't require me to bring out the tissues though, wouldn't be good for my male image....hehe

Anyways, I was fairly sure he wrote it. I heard that authors like him, Grishem, Deaver etc. like to write the occasional softer romantic love story novel that would appeal mostly to the female market.

Back