• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

My purchases this week include:

House of Leaves- Mark Danielwski
Gateways- F.Paul Wilson
Eragon- Christopher Paolini
Catcher in the Rye- J.D.Salinger
Bookman's Promise- John Dunning
To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
The Space Machine- Christopher Priest

RaVeN

Yesterday I bought the newest Elizabeth George crimenovel in paperback :) (FINALLY reached these Danish shores! :rolleyes: ).

Oh, and I ordered the illustrated edition of LotR. Illustrated by Alan Lee, that is. :eek: :eek:

(I do think, I need therapy. I am much too hooked on this Middle Earth :eek: ).

Hobitten - off to the movies: Lost in Translation.

See ya.

I bought 3 on Saturday (WH Smiths are / were doing a 3 for the price of 2 offer)

I bought:

Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code
Douglas Adams - The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (The Trilogy of Four)
Kathy Reichs - Bare Bones

Will be popping back in tomorrow after work to see if the offer is still on and will endeavour to buy the Pratchett books I am missing from my collection.

I did pick up Life of Pi, ummed and ahhed for a while, and put it back.

Douglas Adams - The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (The Trilogy of Four)
Four?! What happened to the fifth one?

And RaVeN, good choice on the House of Leaves buy!

Cheers, Martin :D

Martin And RaVeN said:
House of Leaves[/b] buy!

:D

Between your review and the few websites I visited, this one was too irresistible to pass up.
I also tried to get Complicity by Ian Banks but was outbid in an auction while I was at work. :mad:
I want to check out Dead Air and Wasp Factory as well but that(from listening in on forum conversations) sounded like the one that I was most used to reading and would give me a taste of his style before I delve into the others.

RaVeN

I've been to 2 whole bookstores in the past 2 weeks, without purchasing ANYTHING!

I'm making progress, really I am.

I have the same thing, I walked past Waterstones (in Amsterdam) four times, the day before yesterday, and I didn't even go in!

*pats self on back*

And to think it was actually open for two out of those four times!

Cheers, Martin :D

Ashlea said:
I've been to 2 whole bookstores in the past 2 weeks, without purchasing ANYTHING!

I'm making progress, really I am.

I don't know how you do it Ashlea. I almost feel obligated to buy something when I walk into a book store. I just ...can't...resist. I even have that guilt feeling afterwards(what did you buy that for? You've got enough at home to last you for months) But I end up doing it all over again a few days later.

HELP!!!
RaVeN

Today I went out for something to clean silver with. And came home with two books and a big bag of chocolate. Completely forgot to look for the silver stuff. I'll have to go out again tomorrow. And probably come home with more books. Oh woe.

Anyhoo, bought Natural History by Justina Robson, and Tales of the Dying Earth by Jack Vance. But I'm still slogging my way through Otherland, so I'll probably never get to read them.

Today, I went to Borders today and didn't buy anything! What a relived! BUT I have told my parents there are plenty good books, You know what! They will go there tomorrow. I have no worried to borrow their books! :lol

SillyWabbit said:
You got the right idea!
I'm a bit like that chap in the fast show who'd be sent out for specific things by his wife and come home with completely random items. Except I always come back with books. I have to try again today.

See y'all proud cus you went past book shops and didn't buy anything and I do that for months at a time. It's called being a student and broke. Unfortuanately some of us have to use the library.

I can, sometimes, walk out of the bookstore without buying anything - but then I usually make up for this by spending anywhere between £50 & £100 the next time I go in.

I like books

Mxx

I can go in and not buy anything, mostly because of the overwhelming guilt that I oughtn't be buying anything at that particular moment....but I'm always presented with tons of new books that I want to read.

Back