• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Blood Suckers: The Vampire Archives volume 1 - Otto Penzler (editor)

From the library:
Dracula in Love - Karen Essex

I know this book is either going to be really bad or a guilty pleasure. But Mina is sleepwalking out to the river bank where she's almost raped before being saved by a man carrying a cane that has a golden dragon's head for the handle. And that's before we get to chapter two. Seriously?

Writing on Both Sides of the Brain: Breakthrough Techniques for People Who Write by Henriette Anne Klauser
On Writing Well by William Knowlton Zinsser
The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng

__

Winged Priestess - Joyce Verrette
Short History of the Civil War - Bruce Catton
The Religion - Tim Willocks
The Earth, My Butt, and other Big Round Things - Carolyn Mackler
The Autobiography of Roy Cohn - Roy Cohn and Sidney Zion

I went a little crazy at one of my favorite little bookshops. ;) I only meant to come out with one or two books... but the Civil War book was only twenty-five cents... and the Egyptian romance...! :innocent:

A Dragon Lover's Treasure of the Fantastic - short stories about dragons

Capacity - futuristic tale about a personal construct

The Jester - book by James Patterson

Chicks in Chainmail - more fantasy short stories.

The Hero and the Crown - yet another fantasy book; sword-wielding princess faces epic threats

I liked Snuff too but the ending was a bit meh.

Maybe a little bit, yeah. Though I can't think of a suitable ending for that particular story... Or maybe I can? :D Have you read Diary? I loved that one, it got me hooked on Palahniuk again.

I bought The Secret in Their Eyes, by Eduardo Sacheri, the novel on which the Argentinian film that won the Oscar this year was based.

The Gravedigger's Daughter by Joyce Carol Oates
The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty
Zuckerman Unbound by Philip Roth

__

Back