• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Natswork said:
I just read "[title removed]" by Werry Jallace and I really enjoyed it. I saw this guy speak at a "how to prosper in today's real estate market" and thought he was a great speaker so I bought the book. It was a surprisingly easy read. Has anyone else read this?

Really? You wouldn't happen to me him, would you?

Overjoyed just now to receive from across the sea a book purchased sight unseen: Christine Clegg's "Vladimir Nabokov: Lolita - a reader's guide to essential criticism." From the back cover:
"Christine Clegg examines the critical history of Lolita through a broad range of interpretations.....All the main critical approaches to the novel are covered by this indispensable sourcebook."​
It looks fabulous!
Peder

Peder said:
Overjoyed just now to receive from across the sea a book purchased sight unseen: Christine Clegg's "Vladimir Nabokov: Lolita - a reader's guide to essential criticism." From the back cover:
"Christine Clegg examines the critical history of Lolita through a broad range of interpretations.....All the main critical approaches to the novel are covered by this indispensable sourcebook."​
It looks fabulous!
Peder

And I hope you'll share some of the gems you uncover with the rest of the class ;)

Recent purchases

High Wind in Jamaica – Richard Hughs
The Haj – Leon Uris
The Covenant – James Michener
The Accidental – Ali Smith
The Sea – John Banville
The Peoples Act of Love- James Meek
Empire of the Sun – J G Ballard
The Line of Beauty – Alan Hollinghurt
Express Tales – Alexander McCall Smith

Went on amazon and purchased two new ones. I bought Max Berry's The Company which is about two young business grads who are turned essentially, into cogs in the machine and who have all the life and new ideas sucked out of them by corporate bureaucracy. I also purchased One False Move by Alex Kava, an author from my home state and whose book is part of the "one city, one book" program at my workplace. Got some good ones before the booksale and had a great reason to spend some money, the other half is thrilled.:D ;) :p

Two recent library trips netted:

Heavy Water-Martin Amis
A Slob in the Kitchen-Karen Duffy
The Mom's Guide to Meal Makeovers-Janice Bissex
Chicken on the Grill- Cheryl and Bill Jameson

Just bought Everyman by Philip Roth and, as I was walking out the store, remembered I had a £5 gift voucher to use. :mad:

Stewart said:
Just bought Everyman by Philip Roth and, as I was walking out the store, remembered I had a £5 gift voucher to use. :mad:
The perfect excuse for going back to get another book? It can't go to waste after all.

Back